Profile Picture

accurig, no scin weights after binding skin

Posted By Tenderspirit 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tenderspirit
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I added a daz character, (not genesis) when doing the process it has face bones and eye bones, once I finish no face bones show up to do the weight mapping and no colors show up on any of the bones.
In motions, full body it moves like it supposed to.  I accurig there are face bones on the character, eyes, jaw, teeth, but when I bind the skin and go to try and do the skin weights, then the face bones dissapear, and it has no colors at all for any of the bones when I go to the bones individually in the bone manager, or in the weight map section.
All I want to do is make the character so it will talk.  I fumbled around in blender (which I am pretty clueless) bought autorig pro and had no luck trying to figure out how to get the character back into cc4 or iclone 8 so it would work.  I have battled this for hours every day for two weeks. LOL  Am pulling out hair.  I just hate when I watch a ton of tuts and for the life of me, when I try it, it does not work. ugh
Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.  Hugs Elsie
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Elsie

If you are using a Daz character then you don't need to use AccuRig. Daz characters are already rigged so you just need to import them as a Humanoid (Non-Standard) character.

To do this just choose "Create Character" from the Modify Panel in CC4 and choose your character FBX. Then select Humanoid (Non-Standard) and you will then be presented with a selection of character type pre-sets to choose from. Just choose the corresponding pre-set for the Daz character you are importing.

For further help, please see the tutorials below which take you though the steps of importing.

https://courses.reallusion.com/home/character-creator/characterize

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

I redid the figure in accurig the program itself. Then exported it as an iavitar.  I now have weight maps for the different bones.
The problem I now am having while trying to weight map the jaw, and teeth and tounge, is:
In the scene manager there is only one figure that includes everything in the body. The clothes are separated
but not the face parts.
I don't know how to separate the tounge, teeth, eyeballs, so I can turn them off to select
only the part I need to weight map without the head mesh getting in the way.
In the skin mapping video Kai did, in his scene manager they all all separated so he could
hide all but the eyes, or all but the teeth etc.
Is there a video that tells me how to separate them all into their own section in the scene manger.
I assume they are all separate objects?  not sure that is what they are called. LOL
I did get the eyes to weight map by selecting them and increasing the selection.  But that was because
they were not behind the face skin.
Thank you for your above answer.  And thank you for being so quick. 

I know the daz character had it's own bones, but it was not V4 or genesis any of them.
This character had no face bones for the jaw or tounge, until I redid it in accurig so accurig created the facebones for me.  Hope that made sense.
But now I just need to know how to separate the parts of the face.  I have tounge bones, and jaw  now.  Thanks for any help.
Hugs Elsie
Edited
2 Years Ago by Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Tenderspirit
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2A-TR5h_xs&list=PLNV5zSFadPdkRZZ7WIkctjGd3HD1q8wgE&index=10
I found what I needed for separating elements so thought I would post the link in case anyone else ever had the same
question.  Again thank you for your help. Hugs Elsis

Reading This Topic