Unity, Blender, Unreal Export Option

Posted By NaturalGlitch 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
NaturalGlitch
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I know I'm basically making a wish at this point, but since this is called Wishful Features BigGrin
I'd like the ability to export the scene and characters into a game maker as it is without having to reconstruct it again in, for example, Blender. At the very least, I'd love to use its lighting engine, but rebuilding the scene is an undertaking.
I'm not saying I'd like to have the whole project animated in Unity as it does with After Effect, of course. Porting over what's in the scene would be enough, really.
I know this makes me sound super lazy, but it's been a happy little thought in the back of my mind since I started using CTA. Something like this is super complicated, so I understand if this is truly wishful thinking. 

Feedback Tracker: https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Unity-Blender-Unreal-Export-Option

Great job on CTA5 so far, by the way! Love the springing hair and clothes.

Thanks for reading!
Edited
2 Years Ago by NaturalGlitch
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
Thank you for the feedback.  To ensure all feature requests are considered, please remember to post in in the Feedback Tracker as well. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant product teams. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested features normally getting priority. 

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Alongside of this, other NLE's as well.  But preferably does indeed export to the detail the AE export does.  For hobbyists, the free Davinci Resolve is a great post editing NLE, and even rivals AE in some regards.  I know the Studio version of DR ($395, still cheaper than AE in the long run) supports Lua and Python scripting.  I'd like to see a plugin that can import an exported scene very much as the AE plugin in AE does.

I have added an entry into the tracker
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Support-for-different-NLEs-and-3D-environments

Edited
2 Years Ago by AverageJoe
Famekrafts
Famekrafts
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Yes this is important, right now if I have to take an animation, I have to first render it as frames or video and take it into AE.
The whole animation export to AE from CTA5 will be just great. Maybe create a plugin for it.

Basically, it should work like, you open AE  from inside CTA5 that automatically takes the whole scene into AE and any future changes in the CTA5 timeline should reflect live in AE.  Davinci Resolve is a totally different ball game as it is node-based so I am not sure that 2D timeline will really work there or not.

For the game engines -
There is a software called spriter, you can create 2D animations for game in it and the whole file can be imported into major game engines. So maybe take a leaf from that software and create a plugin that is compatible with all major game engines. It will be really cool thing for video games.
https://brashmonkey.com/spriter-pro/

I have added it to the tracker.
https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/AE-plugin-and-Game-engines-Integration-of-CTA5-Timeline

CTA5, Iclone 7, 3D Exchange Pro, Character Creator 3, Popcornfx plugin, Zbrush, Blender, Vue 2014, Adobe cc suite, Spriter
Homebuild Workstation (Pretty old now but still working great) Win 10, Intel i7 950, 24 GB RAM DDR3, Gigabyte x58a-ud7 motherboard, AMD R9 390 sapphire 8GB VRAM.
Official Website  Reallusion Store  

Edited
2 Years Ago by Famekrafts

Reading This Topic