Profile Picture

Imported Obj Overall suit not conforming in CC4

Posted By PIO C 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
PIO C
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi All

I have an Overall suit I created in 3ds Max that when I import into CC4 as an Accessory.

The pictures show what happens once I try to conform the Overall to the CC3+ Avatar.

Any ideas the method I should use to get the desired result? I have watched the YouTube video "Character Creator 3 Tutorial - Creating Clothing from OBJ Files"
But its more for straight forward Pants, T-shirt and shoes, whereas my Overall is pants and shirt combined.

Thanks in advance for any help given.
Attachments
Overall_ScreenGrabs_04.jpg (36 views, 157.00 KB)
Overall_ScreenGrabs_02.jpg (22 views, 219.00 KB)
Overall_ScreenGrabs_01.jpg (33 views, 234.00 KB)
Overall_ScreenGrabs_03.jpg (28 views, 211.00 KB)
4u2ges
This post has been flagged as an answer
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
CC does not have cloth simulation tools (conform is for minor automated adjustments when you swap cloth between different characters mostly).
Moreover, it does not have advanced Mesh Edit and Sculpt tools for properly fitting cloth on a character, which Blender and 3ds Max are featuring for instance.
For the best result you should create and/or fit the cloth (specially complex one) on a CC character in one specific pose in the app of your choice (3ds Max in your case).
Then import it as an accessory to the same character in the same pose (a little tweaking by Y and Z transform might require) and then transfer weights.

You may also try to tweak bones/pose of the character until it matches the imported cloth. But that is something I do not recommend and it's hard to perfect the fit this way.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
PIO C
PIO C
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)Junior Member (181 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks for reply, I solved the issue by taking the cartoon overall into 3ds Max, using cloth modifier to make it more realistic. Import it in CC4 and apply original cartoon overall skin weights to it. The model in the picture was created in Marvellous designer, which was just not fun to amend in 3ds max.

Reading This Topic