Webcam Profile for Cartoon Animator 5 vs iPhone Live Face Profile

Posted By misterbrixx 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Webcam Profile for Cartoon Animator 5 vs iPhone Live Face Profile

Author
misterbrixx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
hi, can someone please explain what is a difference between Webcam and Iphone profiles ? I already have Iphone profile for IClone but i assume it's a different bit of software for Cartoon Animator. Do I understand correctly that with Webcam profile you can do facial mocap just with your webcam?  And you need to pay additional 399 $ (as i believe Webcam Profile is prerequisite and you need to buy it anyways) you can use your apple device. Is there such difference in quality of mocap that justfies this price difference? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Both the Webcam Profile and Live Face for iPhone offer facial mocap for Cartoon Animator. With the Webcam Profile you can use almost any recent webcam (HD Preferred) which should give good results. Generally, though you will normally get best results using Live Face with an iPhone X or higher.

One thing to note is that if you already have Live Face for iClone then you do not need to purchase Live Face again for Cartoon Animator. The version for Motion LIVE 2D should be available to install in the Reallusion Hub. Please do make sure to redeem the CTA5 version by clicking the link HERE.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Peter (RL) (11/9/2022)

One thing to note is that if you already have Live Face for iClone then you do not need to purchase Live Face again for Cartoon Animator. The version for Motion LIVE 2D should be available to install in the Reallusion Hub. Please do make sure to redeem the CTA5 version by clicking the link HERE.

That would be nice as I have Live Face for iClone, but when I click the link it states that there are no applicable plugins because I don't have CTA4 (which is correct).

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

misterbrixx
misterbrixx
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hi Peter,
I bought 
Cartoon Animator 5 + Facial Mocap + Power Tools Vol. 1 Bundle consisting amongst other stuff  Webcam Profile for Cartoon Animator 5 which i believed was required in order to use iPhone face profile - according  Reallusion site:
  • You will need to have the CTA5 + Webcam Profile in order to capture and combine motion data from your iPhone
I already have iPhone profile for iC8. If I don't need to purchase it for CTA, can you please advise how can I redeem iClone profile for CTA5? I got same info as animagic when i follow the link you provided . Thank you.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@animagic,
If Motion LIVE 2D for CTA5 plugin is included in CTA5, can you check by checking "Not Purchased" or "All" option in the filtering section of your hub settings.
I have created a topic about this before.
These plugins are not listed in the "purchased" section.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fefd2a34-27f4-4d2e-99d1-369d.png

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

misterbrixx (11/9/2022)
Hi Peter,
I bought 
Cartoon Animator 5 + Facial Mocap + Power Tools Vol. 1 Bundle consisting amongst other stuff Webcam Profile for Cartoon Animator 5 which i believed was required in order to use iPhone face profile - according  Reallusion site:
  • You will need to have the CTA5 + Webcam Profile in order to capture and combine motion data from your iPhone

In Cartoon Animator 4 the Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in was a separate purchase and it came with Face3D (now called Webcam Profile). This requirement for CTA5 to have the Webcam Profile may be a carry-over from CTA4 or it may be an error. I don't want to give misleading information so I will need to double check this to be sure and get back to you.

I already have iPhone profile for iC8. If I don't need to purchase it for CTA, can you please advise how can I redeem iClone profile for CTA5? I got same info as animagic when i follow the link you provided . Thank you.

In your Reallusion Account you already have "LIVE Face (iPhone) Profile for Motion LIVE 2D" registered. Please check in your Reallusion Hub to see if this is listed as available. Please Note: In the latest version of the Hub the naming has been simplified to "iPhone Profile for CTA4".

However, I will also need check to see why you are not able to redeem the "iPhone Profile for CTA5" because if you have the version for CTA4 registered then you should be entitled to the CTA5 version.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (11/9/2022)

That would be nice as I have Live Face for iClone, but when I click the link it states that there are no applicable plugins because I don't have CTA4 (which is correct).

Hi Ani... Unlike Misterbrixx I don't see the LIVE Face (iPhone) Profile for Motion LIVE 2D registered in your account. I will need to double check what the situation is now as previously if you purchased the "Live Face for iClone" you would get "Live Face for CTA4" free and vice versa. However, it is possible that this offer is no longer available for CTA5 if you didn't previously purchase CTA4. I'll let you know when I find out more.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Thanks, Peter, I'll be awaiting what you find out. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

UPDATE:

Support have confirmed that the Redeem link provided will only work if you previously had the iPhone Live Face Profile for CTA4 in your account.

For everyone else who only has the "iPhone Live Face Profile for iClone", please contact Support and they will check to see if you are eligible for a free upgrade to the CTA5 version of Live Face.

https://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.html

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

misterbrixx (11/9/2022)
You will need to have the CTA5 + Webcam Profile in order to capture and combine motion data from your iPhone

UPDATE:

This is confirmed as incorrect. You do not need to have the Webcam Profile to use the Live Face profile.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic