Cartoon Animator 5 News from the Last Livestream

Posted By Deborah Hearne 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Deborah Hearne
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Livestreams are a wonderful way to find out the latest information on Reallusion products. Here are some updates on Cartoon Animator 5 from this video:

[YouTube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JCfYefy9g[/YouTube]
  • Motion Live is free in Cartoon Animator 5.
  • Previous Cartoon Animator content is compatible with Cartoon Animator 5.
  • You will be able to install Cartoon Animator 5 on two different computers.
  • Mark Diaz is working on the training for CTA 5.
  • G5 Characters will have a 3D aspect where you can simulate the rotation of the body.
  • The next WIP is scheduled to come out in early October. It will showcase the new character types.

Deborah Hearne
Deborah Hearne
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)Veteran Member (964 reputation)

It has been over a month. It seems like the Cartoon Animator 5 WIP 2 video is not going to be released this month. I was hoping it would be released so I could know if the $200 of content was worth it at this time for the free version.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Frankly, I've decided to upgrade to CTA5 for free, even just for the content manager.
It is very frustrating to reach a content in CTA4.
I hope this is as useful as Content manager of other programs.
I bought some of the products I needed for the CC4 and the CTA5 gift that came with it was a lucrative one.

If you have a CTA4, the regular upgrade fee is $99. So you can wait as this is not a very high amount.
Or you can buy animation, so you have some animation sets with the program.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Deborah Hearne
Deborah Hearne
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yepkoo (10/23/2022)
Frankly, I've decided to upgrade to CTA5 for free, even just for the content manager.
It is very frustrating to reach a content in CTA4.
I hope this is as useful as Content manager of other programs.
I bought some of the products I needed for the CC4 and the CTA5 gift that came with it was a lucrative one.

If you have a CTA4, the regular upgrade fee is $99. So you can wait as this is not a very high amount.
Or you can buy animation, so you have some animation sets with the program.

I know. The decision is hard because I might go back to Adobe. It is about $600 a year and that is what I spend in the content store anyway. The deal to go back to Adobe is more enticing because of all the new improvements they have made to Character Animator. Plus, you get 350+ new mocap motions in their new motion editor. Also, you can do body mocap animations without a suit. It doesn't seem like Cartoon Animator 5 has caught up to Character Animator. Many basic workflow features are missing.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I could never run Adobe Character Animator.
As soon as I select a character, the program crashes.
When I searched on the internet, I saw that there are many people having this problem and I read that this program is having problems with NVIDIA on some computers.
I don't think Adobe cares about this problem.
I tried the beta version, the room doesn't work.
Since I do not have a second video card, I do not have the opportunity to change the video card that the program will use.

If you use IC8 with CTA5, you have no animation limit.
I transferred about 1,200 of my animations from Unreal Engine to iClone.
It is very easy to apply the animations you make with iClone to the CTA.
However, I cannot use this feature for now, as it does not work with iC8 CTA4.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I never really got into 2D animation, but since I needed some content anyway I'm now eligible for a free Cartoon Animator 5. So we'll see...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Deborah Hearne
Deborah Hearne
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yepkoo (10/23/2022)
I could never run Adobe Character Animator.
As soon as I select a character, the program crashes.
When I searched on the internet, I saw that there are many people having this problem and I read that this program is having problems with NVIDIA on some computers.
I don't think Adobe cares about this problem.
I tried the beta version, the room doesn't work.
Since I do not have a second video card, I do not have the opportunity to change the video card that the program will use.

If you use IC8 with CTA5, you have no animation limit.
I transferred about 1,200 of my animations from Unreal Engine to iClone.
It is very easy to apply the animations you make with iClone to the CTA.
However, I cannot use this feature for now, as it does not work with iC8 CTA4.

When I used it a couple of years ago, I did not have the issue. I had a Nvidia graphics card in my old computer. I will have to test version 23 on my new computer.

Also, there isn't an animation limit with Adobe Animator. You get over 350 mocap animations for free and more will be added for free. Also, with the full body mocap I can create my own animations without having to rely on downloading 1000s of animations. Lastly, the licensing is better. You can sell your own characters on your own website using Adobe's software. With Reallusion's software, selling your own characters outside of the marketplace is prohibited. If you wanted to do something like Paetron, the licensing prevents this. Another point for Adobe is their workflow is better and they also have features Reallusion is just now adding. I need more information before making the final purchase. I contacted support. Hopefully, they will get back to me soon.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Why is every thread about CTA 5 discussing other products?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
animagic (10/24/2022)

I quite agree. With all due respect Deborah please stop using every CTA5 thread to promote products from other companies. I already contacted you privately about this, but you continue to do so. As I explained to you already, promoting other company's products has always been against forum rules. I have allowed a certain amount of discussion on other 2D animation products because we are dropping support for Mac but it is now going too far.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Deborah Hearne
Deborah Hearne
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Peter (RL) (10/24/2022)
animagic (10/24/2022)

I quite agree. With all due respect Deborah please stop using every CTA5 thread to promote products from other companies. I already contacted you privately about this, but you continue to do so. As I explained to you already, promoting other company's products has always been against forum rules. I have allowed a certain amount of discussion on other 2D animation products because we are dropping support for Mac but it is now going too far.

Hi Peter. You contacted me about promoting other products that have nothing to do with Reallusion products. For example, a product that I use in a workflow that has nothing to do with Reallusion. Reallusion heavily promotes Adobe products on their website and through their plugins. Adobe is a safe company to talk about. Otherwise, everything mentioning an Adobe product, should be removed from the forums to be fair to everyone.

Reading This Topic