Profile Picture

G2 character top view

Posted By VocalPics 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
VocalPics
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am creating an animation in CrazyTalk Animator3 where a G2 character is being viewed from above. In the G2 character template, I can view the different character views and rotate it left and right etc, I can also see top view and bottom view too. But when I place the actor on the stage, I cannot for the life of me find how I can rotate the character so they are viewed from the top. I am sure there is a very simple answer, but I have not found it yet! Please can someone indicate how it is done. I was expecting the 3D motion key editor would provide the top view I needed, but it only rotates the character through 360 degrees, but no way of viewing from above?
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

As a 2D product, Cartoon Animator 4 doesn't have a top-down view.

The top and bottom angles for the character are there for when you use a 3D motion that for example has the character fall over or lay down etc.

So, if you wish to see a G2 character from a top or bottom view you will need to rotate the character in the 3D Motion Key Editor. To do this just select the Hip and then use Rotate to get the desired angle. Note: You will need to unlock the feet so the whole character rotates.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VocalPics
VocalPics
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)Senior Member (450 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Peter, thank you so much for this explanation. It works well. I just couldn't work that one out.

Reading This Topic