Mixamo animation export

Posted By megaoutput 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
megaoutput
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Please add the feature to export animation with a mixamo preset. Complete with bone names and animation. Mixamo has become a industry standard when it comes to mocap. The ability to import mixamo is great but we also need the ability to export. 
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Why...???
ActorCore competes directly with Mixamo, hence the free accurig software.

Also under the “old” 3Dexchange software I can import the  mixamo “Y bot”
and apply the built in Maya human IK profile and immediately retarget Imotion to it and export the retargeted motion  Data as FBX or BVH ,compatible with the Mixamo rig .

Not sure how this is done in IC8/CC4 as I am not upgrading 
anytime soon. 

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by AutoDidact
megaoutput
megaoutput
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)Veteran Member (882 reputation)

There is alot programs that only take mixamo.  Also when it comes to 3rd party plugins they mainly and sometimes only use mixamo. The fact Reallusion does importing is great but it also needs to export  via mixamo so other smaller programs can used it.  Do to Maximo popularity it has become a must on import and expert.
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

megaoutput (9/23/2022)
There is alot programs that only take mixamo.  Also when it comes to 3rd party plugins they mainly and sometimes only use mixamo. The fact Reallusion does importing is great but it also needs to export  via mixamo so other smaller programs can used it.  Do to Maximo popularity it has become a must on import and expert.

Other than Maxon Cinema4D
(which has a built in Mixamo control rig),

Most other people get there mixamo motion directly from mixamo.com.
My point is this:
 Actorcore delivers $$paid$$ Iclone motions in the format for all of the major 3D apps and game engines.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/77fd8cf9-85cc-48a7-bf6d-734f.png
Reallusion has NO COMMERCIAL  reason offer their  Actor core motions in any generic ”mixamo” format.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins

megaoutput
megaoutput
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Actorcore is a great tool. There a couple programs that play very nice Miximo play nice endorphin, daz 3d, cinema 4d, and huge amount of plugins for all programs. The best part is that it should not be that much coding because they already have a import they just need to reverse it for a import.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 minutes ago
From what I remember (before there was a dedicated Mixamo import profile), the Maya Human IK worked for Mixamo import. So if you use the Maya option to export, that may work.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

megaoutput
megaoutput
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

kind of I would have to go in and rename each bone to match the name if mixamo 
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

megaoutput (9/24/2022)
Actorcore is a great tool. There a couple programs that play very nice Miximo play nice endorphin, daz 3d, cinema 4d, and huge amount of plugins for all programs. The best part is that it should not be that much coding because they already have a import they just need to reverse it for a import.

First, Endorphin was discontinued nearly two decades ago
( I still have a working copies of it on two older laptops)

I also have& use every program you have listed here.
Daz studio does not even have a working general use FBX IMPORTER.

There was a third party plugin that enabled mixamo import & retarget to Daz genesis,  but it seems to have been broken by recent Daz studio updates
so not much of a market for Reallusion there.

Also Anyone who owns 3DXchange 6 (or higher) already has a built in Daz genesis retargeting template and can use any Iclone motion to retarget & export bespoke BVH to Daz studio for Genesis 1,2,3,8.

Not sure what the solution is for IC8/CC4 but I assume there is one.

I have Maxon Cinema4D R21 which has a built in mixamo control rig so to import& edit animations from mixamo rigs.
Additionally Actor core&Accurig Exports to native C4D FBX formats .

Every animator who wants to use ActorCore, Imotion or Mixamo motions
already has the means to do so without any special “mixamo format” from Reallusion .

Ghost Origins

Edited
2 Years Ago by AutoDidact
megaoutput
megaoutput
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Nice youtube channel BTW.. i just subscribed good content...  Valid points but i still fill that it is a  very easy addition and would not take to much time  to add. It is the standard format for mocap do to its popularity. Great chat !
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

megaoutput (9/25/2022)
Nice youtube channel BTW.. i just subscribed good content...  Valid points but i still fill that it is a  very easy addition and would not take to much time  to add. It is the standard format for mocap do to its popularity. Great chat !

Indeed
 thanks for the sub!!BigGrin

Ghost Origins

Reading This Topic