Profile Picture

Can you help me get Live Face Plugin to work with iClone 8?

Posted By mrjeffrivera 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
mrjeffrivera
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The character's face worked in Faceware so know it's not the character itself. (To record on Faceware requires a paid license, so I'd rather use what I already have).

Here's what I did that did not work:
Updated all my iClone and Character Creator apps
Imported the character from Character Creator 4.02 directly, 
Imported the character from Character Creator 4 as an iAvatar.
Uninstalled iClone 7
Uninstalled Live Face Plugin for iClone 7
Installed iClone 8
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Live FACE Plugin for iClone 8
Uninstalled/Reinstalled Live Face app for iPhone
Upgraded to Windows 11
I also tried it with other characters such as Kevin that are already in iClone 8. So, once again, I know it's not the character model itself.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
You don't say how you are connecting your phone to your computer - I would advise you to use ethernet but it can be done via USB (I would not advise any other way).

Also you don't say if the Live Face app is working properly on your iPhone - remember inside of Motion Live on the Live Face rollout you must copy the IP address and add the :999 extension to it for it to work.  Does it not connect there?

A video of what you are doing would help, but even an in-depth explanation of what you are doing would be helpful (all you provided was installing programs - we need to know what you are doing WITH those programs).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
mrjeffrivera
mrjeffrivera
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)Veteran Member (687 reputation)

Yes, it's working fine on my app. It connects. 999 extension was added.  I connected via WIFI, but can try USB.

There's actually a link to the video in my previous post. Not sure if you've seen it so I'll repost it here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/15kqgE88hR4NFj8iuRejWjzAQAC84nMrD/view?usp=sharing

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
It is not a connection problem. Faceware is purple. Is trial expired for it? It might prevent the app selection box to popup when you click that triangle icon.
Uninstall faceware.  If it still does not work apply to support.

BTW, it should popup even if you are not connected:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/56fe5bac-47ba-4fa4-ad31-4642.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
mrjeffrivera
mrjeffrivera
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I turned to Faceware after Live would not work, only to find out that it won't record during the trial period unless you purchase a license. So ... I'm back to Live. I'll try uninstalling Faceware and see if that works too.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
That is kind of odd, because from your video I do not see an app selector (like I have shown on a screenshot). How did you make faceware to work then (even if it does not record)?

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
mrjeffrivera
mrjeffrivera
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I don't know, but it worked. Since I don't have a license for recording, I uninstalled Faceware and am trying to connect to Live Face again. This time I connected the USB directly from iPhone into my PC. Still ... it's not working. 

Reading This Topic