Maya to Iclone 7

Posted By gondarmail 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gondarmail
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello folks......
I testing Maya, and what I will like to know is how to export animation ( Mocap ) to Iclone 7
I had seen my tips but they are all in reverse, that is Iclone 7 to Maya.
I do not need to export anything else, just export any animation created on Maya 2022
to IClone 7, so can be applied to any character in Iclone 7.
Thanks in advance.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
You would do that via 3DXchange. You will have a basic character with animation in Maya and then export it as FBX (version 2012, I believe).

Import the character with animation in 3DXchange, where it comes in as a prop.

You then need to select "Convert to Non-Standard". A page with a Characterization Profile will open. From the drop-down, select Maya Human IK.

NOTE: Sometimes the character is already recognized as such and you don't have to go through these steps.

More details in the manual: https://manual.reallusion.com/3DXchange_7/ENU/Default.htm#3DXchange_7/Pipeline_7.0/03_Pipelines/Converting_Models_to_Non_Standard_Characters.htm.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

gondarmail
gondarmail
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, I am testing Maya, because I had seen many ads on that software related to Iclone 7.
However what I am looking is just to create animations ( Mocap ) manually or with a camera
does not matter and export it to Iclone and converter it to rlMotion or iMotion motion files.
I have Blender, but looks a little bit confusing and I don't think so powerful at this.
They also mention 3D Max, but I afraid of trying and find same type of problems.
As you know the trick is in the exported formats.
Which one would you recommend ( or method ) for doing just this as I explain above?
Whatever your answer ---------------------> 10000 of thanks for responding !!
martin.s
This post has been flagged as an answer
martin.s
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)Senior Member (432 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
(Have you also looked at Autodesk Motionbuilder for this pipeline?

Essentially my workflow is motion capture -> re-target bone animation to HIK2016 rig and save to my already extensive library of HIK2016 motions. 
I do all my complex and multi-character animation in Motionbuilder. (Better animation tools than iClone and easier Story mode compared to Maya Track Editor)
I can then bake any animation to the bones of a character already characterized in 3dxchange, export the character and motions to 3dx and export them as rlmotion or imotion. 

I have Motionbuilder / iClone 7 / 3dxchange / CC3 as this combo is far superior to iClone 8 / CC4. 
IMHO a way better use of my money. 
Hey if you can afford it, throw Maya into the mix as it works well with Motionbuilder. (There are student licences available for both. )
Edited
2 Years Ago by martin.s

Reading This Topic