Profile Picture

How to write a facial mocap plug-in

Posted By jeff.lin_712595 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeff.lin_712595
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)Junior Member (134 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, Support,
We developed our own facial mocap algorithm and want to integrate it to iClone8,
I followed the RIFacialDevice document example and I expect that code will record keys to morph data channels but it doesn't work.
Is there any sample or tutorial of writing custom mocap device plugin for iClone8?
thanks
Johnny (RL)
Johnny (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Jeff,

The attached zip file is an example of the facial mocap, you can follow the steps of the video to execute it.
Please feel free to ask me if you encounter any problems, thanks.

Mocap Document
Attachments
FacailMocapSample.zip (46 views, 6.00 KB)
Edited
2 Years Ago by Johnny (RL)
Jean-Sé
Jean-Sé
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the code FacialMocap sample.
Could you please also upload the BodyMocap sample?

Regarding the 
FacialMocap sample, I would like to create my own version of the LIVE Face App for my personal need.
I already own the Motion Live plug-in but I would like to be able to record the sound and facial mocap information 'offline' on a iPad and send the data (sound + mocap data) 
later to iClone 8.
Is it possible to send this information directly to MotionLive, instead of the FacialMocap code sample? It would really help.

Thanks,
Jean-Sebastien

Johnny (RL)
Johnny (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)Junior Member (180 reputation)

Hi Jean,

Please see the attached zip file for the full Mocap sample.

Sorry, as the iPhone Live Face Profile is paid, there are currently no plans to expose the data format.
So it is suggested that you can change the FacialMocap sample to the version you need.

For the "offline" function you mentioned.
If you have a demand, please provide a more detailed description. We are happy to include the Live Face feature in the next version.

Thanks,
Johnny Yang
Attachments
MocapSample.zip (40 views, 13.00 KB)
Jean-Sé
Jean-Sé
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)Junior Member (248 reputation)

Thank you for the code sample, that's exactly what I needed.
sunnyviewtech
sunnyviewtech
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Johnny (RL) (9/27/2022)
Hi Jeff,
The attached zip file is an example of the facial mocap, you can follow the steps of the video to execute it.
Please feel free to ask me if you encounter any problems, thanks.
Mocap Document

Hi, Johnny, the FacialMocapSample fails in 8.33,
facial_device.ProcessData(mocap_avatar, exp_list) still returns success, but the face morphs don't change.

Wish there will be an update, thank you!

Johnny (RL)
Johnny (RL)
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

Hi sunnyviewtech,
The sample code didn't account for different numbers of expressions for characters, which caused some errors.
We've updated the Sample Code, so give it another shot!
Thanks!
Attachments
MocapSample.zip (8 views, 465.00 KB)
sunnyviewtech
sunnyviewtech
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thank you Johnny, it's of great help!

Reading This Topic