Profile Picture

iClone 8 Record Audio Extension

Posted By sandcats4life 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sandcats4life
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)New Member (56 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am using iClone for a social science lab, so I am not an animator, but I if anyone can help me, I need to know to extend the animation key frame (I am not sure if I am using the correct term).
It seems like when I use my microphone and motion live plugin, I can only speak for around 20 seconds before the record button stops on its own. I need to record audio and motion for at least 3 minutes total for my speech. How do I extend my record time?
Thank you to anyone who can help me, I don't know anything about animation!
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
First of all, welcome!

You will need to extend the project length. The default length is 1800 frames (30 seconds @ 60 fps).

To increase the project length, open the Project settings (Ctrl + Shift +P).

Under the Time Unit heading, there is a setting for End Frame (the first frame is designated with "0", so the default 1799 gives you 1800 frames).

For 3 minutes (180 seconds), you would set the end frame to 10799 (for 10800 total frames). 

What is often confusing for new users is the difference between the internal frame rate that iClone uses (default is 60 fps) and the framerate of the rendered video, which can be something different (I use 30 fps). In iClone 8, you can now make the internal frame rate the same is the desired rendered frame rate. That way, if there are 900 frames on the timeline there will also be 900 frames in the rendered output.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The max frames is 54000, so a range of 0 to 53999. That's 15 minutes.

Reading This Topic