Profile Picture

Windows PC hardware for Cartoon Animator 5 ???

Posted By toonmanbill 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hello CA friends!
With the MAC no longer being supported with CA5 and future releases, I figure I start this discussion with the intention of helping MAC users that my want to go the Windows PC route moving forward with Cartoon Animator.

It has been many years since I purchased a Windows PC or even put one together myself.  A lot of things have changed since I worked on Windows PC's.  

That being said, can everyone list what type of windows PC computer you have, brand, specs, etc.   What do you recommend?

Since I already invested a lot of money on my MAC setup, I am trying to keep the cost as minimal as possible ( since this is going to be a big expense in order to stay with Cartoon Animator moving forward ), but I still want to be able to get a computer that is powerful enough for video editing and Cartoon Animator 5.  A computer that will not go absolute in a couple of years and maybe that is upgradable in the future if needed.

Also, has anyone built their own PC computer?  If yes, where do you get the parts and what is the list of components needed.  I understand that I can save some money by building my own system.  But I am willing to consider a ready to go system if the price is reasonable and meets my specifications.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Bill

dayambler_66
dayambler_66
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey ToonmanBill, I am surprised to read that CTA 5 drops MAC support. With all its support for Adobe products! how does that work?
I was hoping to leave Windows and go to an OS that supports both Windows and MAC! I saw one but not sure it will work here in the U.S.! Maybe we should be asking for that!  The only Motherboard to get is one that works well with High Gaming and a great processor. It should have a built in all media system and Processor. I liked my mother board by MSI, and an AMD processor. My present grouping now Is ASUS I won't recommend their stuff. I hope that Helps somewhat.   
toonmanbill
toonmanbill
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

dayambler_66 (9/9/2022)
Hey ToonmanBill, I am surprised to read that CTA 5 drops MAC support. With all its support for Adobe products! how does that work?
I was hoping to leave Windows and go to an OS that supports both Windows and MAC! I saw one but not sure it will work here in the U.S.! Maybe we should be asking for that!  The only Motherboard to get is one that works well with High Gaming and a great processor. It should have a built in all media system and Processor. I liked my mother board by MSI, and an AMD processor. My present grouping now Is ASUS I won't recommend their stuff. I hope that Helps somewhat.   

Thanks for the reply.  I have been doing some research and maybe I can built a PC to save some money.  I am still on the fence as to what to do.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
For animation software like Cartoon Animator, we recommend a recent generation Intel CPU with a mid-high end dedicated graphic card. Integrated graphics cards often found in laptops won't really cut it.

So, an ideal setup for Cartoon Animator 5 would be like the following:-

Intel i7 or i9 CPU
16GB RAM Minimum (Higher Preferred)
Graphics Card: Nvidia RTX 2070, 2080, RTX 3060, 3070, 3080, 3090
Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 or higher.
Video Memory: 4GB RAM (higher recommended).
Win 10 or Win 11 64-bit operating system.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vari.romeo
vari.romeo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)New Member (86 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Thats wrong in my experience. Im on a 10 years old, 2nd gen i5 with integrated graphics (tho its "debloated" and set up for maximum efficiency, still pretty old), yet CTA 4.51 works flawlessly. Yeah, ideally you would want something newer than this, but definitely dont need anything mid-high end.
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
New computer + CTA5+ third party software+ additional market place resources = empty bank account  LOL 
Edited
2 Years Ago by coolhewitt24
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
coolhewitt24 (9/17/2022)
New computer + CTA5+ third party software+ additional market place resources = empty bank account  LOL 

Depends on the size of your bank account...Tongue

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

My wallet is not big, so it seems more profitable to upgrade by purchasing content. Smile
We can upgrade the program for $99, but it's more profitable to buy content instead.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
vari.romeo (9/14/2022)
Thats wrong in my experience. Im on a 10 years old, 2nd gen i5 with integrated graphics (tho its "debloated" and set up for maximum efficiency, still pretty old), yet CTA 4.51 works flawlessly. Yeah, ideally you would want something newer than this, but definitely dont need anything mid-high end.

I never said you needed a mid-high end graphic card. My reply was for an "ideal" setup that gives the user some future proofing, so they won't need to upgrade their computer again in a year or two.

You will of course be able to run CTA5 at an acceptable level with lesser hardware.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic