Profile Picture

My Character arms intersect and overlap with the body.

Posted By abren426 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
abren426
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
SOLUTION:
Forget about rigify and all that bs.
1. Import the cc3 character with the cc-blender addon for the mesh and materials.
2. Import the cc3 character with the animations via standard blender fbx import.
3. Add the actions to the first character and delete the second one.

Hello,
I created a character in CC3, exported it as FBX, then I imported it into Actorcore, rigged it and then previewed the animations, so far they look good.
Finally I imported the character and the motion into blender, using the cc3 blender addon and standard fbx import respectively, as per the tutorial.
When I assign the animation action to the character, the character's arms intersect with its body and overlap.
How can I fix this?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1215b791-f0d0-4bbd-b141-69e8.png
Thank you
Edited
2 Years Ago by abren426
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 7 minutes ago
Does your figure and the motion file have the same rest pose in Blender?

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
I don't understand. Why re-rig the character if it is already CC3?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

animagic (8/22/2022)

Animagic is correct.
if you have CC3 Pipeline  and plan to render in blender,Skip the Accurig tool 
and proceed as described in this tutorial

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins

abren426
abren426
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)Senior Member (297 reputation)

I followed your tutorial video and rigged the character with rigify.

How do I batch export multiple actor core motions and import them into blender?

Thank you
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

abren426 (8/23/2022)
I followed your tutorial video and rigged the character with rigify.

How do I batch export multiple actor core motions and import them into blender?

Thank you

You can attach as many motions as you want, during the FBX export process from CC3 pipeline

Ghost Origins

Tim(RL)
Tim(RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)Junior Member (143 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
abren426 (8/22/2022)
Hello,
I created a character in CC3, exported it as FBX, then I imported it into Actorcore, rigged it and then previewed the animations, so far they look good.
Finally I imported the character and the motion into blender, using the cc3 blender addon and standard fbx import respectively, as per the tutorial.
When I assign the animation action to the character, the character's arms intersect with its body and overlap.
How can I fix this?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1215b791-f0d0-4bbd-b141-69e8.png
Thank you

Hi

Thank you for using our new application, we appreciate it a lot. We recieved the problem that you encountered,we will fix this issue in further version.
Thank you

Best Regards,
Tim 
abren426
abren426
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi tim, thats good news!!! But what do you mean with further version?
Can you fix the version I am using? When can I expect this to happen?
Do you actually test your application before you ship it?
The arms of my character are inside its body. Does that look right to you? Sure I will give you 1/4 of my salary for it!
If I would deliver software like this I would be unemployed long time ago Smile

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I created a character in CC3, exported it as FBX, then I imported it into Actorcore

animagic (8/22/2022)

So the question stands. If you are able to export character from CC to FBX, already rigged and with blend-shapes, why do you need AccuRig in the first place?
Why do the double work and on top of that loose blend-shapes in Accurig (because it was not designed to deal with face)?

abren426
abren426
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

How am I supposed to animate the character? Iclone doesn't work for me.
So I found out about actorcore, but I have to use accurig for that, right?
Are you sure that blend-shapes are not supported? On the actorcore website it says:
"With 60 facial blendshapes, all characters support natural expressions and talking animation. Besides animating with ActorCore motions, these characters are fully controllable from head to toes and ready for iClone voice lip-sync". https://actorcore.reallusion.com/#3d-characters
Edited
2 Years Ago by abren426

Reading This Topic