Profile Picture

2d motion key editor

Posted By brucez_060574 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
brucez_060574
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
is there a way to edit in 2d motion key editor in real time, or any other aplication other than motion live 2d?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
The 2D Motion Key Editor is for keyframing animations (so not realtime). However, you can also animate your character using the preset motions available from Content Manager, or even import 3D motion packs and use them with your 2D characters. Motion Live 2D is  only used when you wish to use motion capture equipment for face, hands and body.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

etourist
etourist
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The Face Puppet editor will let you 'puppet' the character's face and head movement in real time using your mouse.
Nothing like that for the body though.

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
brucez_060574
brucez_060574
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)Junior Member (199 reputation)

thank you for the info...everytime i try to use a preset i get nothing....is there a step by step tutorial for that?  does it have to be a PSD file...i am using a png alpha file with free bones
etourist
etourist
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
brucez_060574 (8/8/2022)
thank you for the info...everytime i try to use a preset i get nothing....is there a step by step tutorial for that?  does it have to be a PSD file...i am using a png alpha file with free bones

Preset motions only work with the human, animal, wings, and spine templates. They are made possible because all these things are using the same bone structure template. Freebone characters can literally have any bone structure you can dream up so it would be impossible to make predefined motions for your specific characters that would work with everyone else's freebone characters too. You can keyframe and save your own motions for your own freebone characters using the collect clip function so you don't have to redo the same animations each time.

I do have low cost tutorials at my Lazy Animator Website on Character rigging human characters for beginners, and my complete Cartoon Animator course will teach you how to make and save custom motions. Otherwise there's always the free tutorials here 

- TET
Animation and Video Life
The Lazy Animator - Tutorials for Cartoon Animator
vepop
vepop
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Use the human bone template for any human character if you intend to use the preset motion.
Use  the animal bone template for any 4-legged character.  Pick the appropriate bone template for your character.
Once done, the preset motion intended for the character will work. 
Otherwise, you have to create your own motion.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Edited
2 Years Ago by vepop
brucez_060574
brucez_060574
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thank you...
brucez_060574
brucez_060574
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

thx again
Edited
2 Years Ago by brucez_060574

Reading This Topic