Can not export image sequence PROPERLY!

Posted By Makumba666 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Makumba666
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all,
I have a problem - I have 45 frames animation and want to export image sequence, but not 450 frames or 1876, but only 5 or 10. In ANY program that allows exporting image sequences it would be breathe, but not in iClone. Frame rate parameter works in absolutely pervert way and it MULTIPLIES frames, instead reducing them. In other software pieces I've seen it divides frame number. Here if you enter frame rate 10 and your animation is 45 frames, it will create 450 frames animation!!! Really?! I want to see face of guy who created this - I bet he never used image sequences in his entire life!
As you can clearly see there is NO WAY reducing frames, only making lengthy animations even more terrible. I've tried to change animation speed. For example if you make 45 frame animation speed 300%, it will take only 15 frames. I thought I found solution, but could not be more wrong: even if it takes only 15 frames, if you set export range to "all" it still makes damn 45 images!!! Video start and end frames are 15 frame range and damn thing makes 45 images! And if I choose custom export range and manually enter range from 1 to 15 it only renders a single image!
Is there any way to make it work properly?
Thanks in advance.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
And if I choose custom export range and manually enter range from 1 to 15 it only renders a single image!

You are doing it backward. That is not how it works. You have to specify the range of frames you want to export relative to the timeline - not the outcome.
If you have 45 frames clip, then you have to specify the range of 0 to 44 (given your clip starts from frame 0) and it will properly select frames depending on frame rate.

https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone-8/Content/ENU/8.0/50-Animation/Trimming_Motion_with_Export_Range_Markers.htm?Highlight=export%20range

jeffkirkland
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The only thing I can think of is that your project and export framerates don't match somehow? Just tested it - and with project set to 24fps and render framerate set 24fps, I set in/out to 10 frames and I get 10 frames rendered.

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage

Reading This Topic