iClone 8.02 - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 27 minutes ago

v8.02 released on July 20th, 2022

Several added functions and bug fixes.
Please update using the Reallusion Hub.

Added:
The new Root Bone option in the Import FBX panel can be used to import the correct root motion.

Enhanced:
Layer keys are now kept after deploying and replacing motions.

New Auto Transition Selected Clips function in the Timeline's right-click context menu can be used to create a fade-in and fade-out effect between the tail of the selected front clip and head of the selected back clip. Feedback Tracker

Soft-cloth calculations are now multi-threaded, resulting in big improvements in performance.

Fixed:
Perform actions can't be deployed if it contains iAnim data (for example, Machines of War content pack). Feedback Tracker

Soft-cloth weight maps with black and white gradients result in faulty data.

Running Live Face in offline mode opens a dialog window warning of improper serial number.

Bake Substance Texture button label does not fully show. Feedback Tracker

Application tends to freeze when there are too many animation keys in the imported motion file (using Import External Motion).

Attaching multiple props to a character's pelvis, waist, or spine and adjusting accessory pivots, then exporting an FBX to adjust the hand motions, and bringing the said motions back into iClone via the Motion Pipeline causes an error in the application of the motion.

Normal maps do not bake correctly for characters imported via Transformer. Feedback Tracker

The Speed Info heads-up-display remains empty after having deployed two characters, applying iMD to the latter character and starting Motion Director.

Can't Undo after applying and removing a character, then rotating the camera via 3DConnexion.

Applying iMD and opening the Behavior Manager results in missing data.

Disabling Auto-align Playhead, applying motion to the character, and double-clicking on any Motion Layer Track to set keys, causes the motion to distort.

If the FPS for the project and the Export FPS settings don't coincide, then the exported length of the motion is incorrect.

After applying Motion Loop, clip alignment region for two adjoining clips do not include the loop offset.

Motion for UV animated objects contain errors when played back.

When two clips' transition regions overlap, changing the trailing transition of the front clip causes the transition to move to the head of the clip.

Unableto control material animations with LUA for materials that have illegal characters in their names rectified by the system.

Ordering the Material list by shader type and converting multi-selected materials to a different shader does not affect all selected materials. Feedback Tracker

Unable to drag FBX into the viewport after Visual > IBL > Show Sky is enabled.

Applying external motions with Z-rotations for the hips to a character, and performing Hip to Root results in an improper orientation of the root Z-axis.

Morph tracks do not update for CC characters that have added/removed custom morphs in MC.

Certain prop Perform motions causes the application to crash. Feedback Tracker

Failure to apply Extended/Standard Facial Profiles for CC characters that have custom eyes and teeth applied.

Importing an iC7 prop with Perform motions to iClone 8, and calling Perform motions causes the program to crash.

Suppress Shadow Flicker feature has no effect.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
2 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
ade.p
ade.p
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi,
Has this version introduced a bug in Realtime playback?  Instead of dropping frames, it now seems to lag behind the audio.  I didn't experience this problem this mornning before applying the latest patch!
Is there a way to roll-back to 8.01?
Clark
Clark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)Veteran Member (834 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Make sure your playback is set to realtime and not by frame.
ade.p
ade.p
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)Junior Member (151 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks. It is - by frame is slower, not dropping any frames, but realtime is lagging - just by a little under a second I think.  Although I'm starting to doubt myself, I'm fairly sure it was fine this morning before I applied the update!
Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Realtime mode is supposed to drop frames (audio/video)

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
I played back a few projects in 8.02 and had no audio sync problems.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
There's a normal "real-life" case when audio is delayed: when using bluetooth. Personally, when I'm working on syncing, I'm always using wired headphones, to have the minimum possible latency.

floydbarber
floydbarber
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)Junior Member (114 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I ended up going to windows 10 and all is working great!
Edited
2 Years Ago by floydbarber
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 14 hours ago
My Norton A/V does not like this update.  It will not allow installation of either iC8.02 or CC4.02.  Even if I turn Norton off and try to install I get "Installation failed" messages for both.  Any suggestions?  I haven't had any problems with previous updates...

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

saber138-best
saber138-best
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)New Member (51 reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
Hello,  Open Norton then go to settings.  Click Antivirus. Then go to Data Protection Tab.  Turn it off. Then download and install the updates.  Hope this helps.

Reading This Topic