Profile Picture

Subsurface scatter not working?

Posted By jm15 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jm15
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I made a character in CC3, but suffice it to say the basic skin color settings weren't giving me the control I wanted so I edited the base color maps in GIMP. The end result was the skin color looked good but didn't 100% match between the head, torso, legs, and arms. You could make out clear transition lines.

Anyway, I like CC4's new skin color settings better. I thought I might be able to fix my character by pulling him into CC4. I was able to get his skin all the same color by first applying a black man skin preset to him, then using the skin color settings to make his skin green. 

However, now his ears are still brown. The insides of his hands too, and I wonder if I don't have the same problem just to a lesser degree in other areas like his nose. 

I had this same problem in CC3, but I fixed it by adjusting the subsurface scatter falloff color. As far as I remember, that's all it too. However, when I do so in CC4 it makes no difference whatsoever?

Am I doing something wrong? What can I do?

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-05 133602.png (30 views, 103.00 KB)

Reading This Topic