Building Block Plug In

Posted By debbie harmon 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Help, I used to have the Building Block Plug in that showed up on my Plugins drop down.  I got a new computer and downloaded all my IClone products.  However, I am missing some plugins on the drop down menu and do not know how to reinstall them.  I tried to download the Building Blocks plug in but I get an error message.  Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it?  thanks
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 16 hours ago
Are you using iClone 8? Plugins need to be updated and so far only some of them are. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

gordryd
gordryd
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Hi Debbie, I am the developer for Building Blocks. Since iClone8 compiled Python files were not compatible with iClone7 files, I was forced to create 2 versions.  This caused some confusion in the RL stores.  I just made a change to the Marketplace files -- can you go to your inventory and try downloading again?  If you bought as Content, the files are handled by RL and may take awhile to get updated.  Let me know if you still have issues - thanks. If you are installing in iClone8, make sure you download the iC8 version, otherwise it will not show up in your plugin list (you still need to install in ..\iClone8\Bin64\OpenPlugin).  Complete instructions are on the product page in the Marketplace.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Edited
2 Years Ago by gordryd
debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Hey by the way I LOVE Building blocks.  I have used it a lot in my current cartoon project.  I am still using iClone 7.9.  I got a new computer and Building blocks will not load as a plug in anymore.  I have the file on my computer it is a .py file which I have no idea what to do with it.  How do I reistall it on iC 7.9?  Thank you
debbie harmon
debbie harmon
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

still using 7 actually 7.9 now
gordryd
gordryd
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.6K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Hi Debbie, thanks for the kind words.  Here are the installation instructions:
INSTALLATION:-----
  • 1. Unzip the downloaded file (you probably don't need to do this step)
  • 2. Copy (or move) the unzipped BuildingBlocks folder into the following folder (this example assumes that iClone is installed on your C: drive under Program Files -- you will need Administrator rights to copy to this location):

• C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\OpenPlugin
  • The correct total path should look like this: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 7\Bin64\OpenPlugin\BuildingBlocks\main.py (or .pyc if you have the latest version)
  • 3. Open iClone to refresh the plug-in list (plug-ins installed while iClone is running will not be shown until iClone is closed and re-started)

• 4. The plug-in will appear in iClone under Plugins/G-Tools. If you own more than one G-Tools plug-in, they will all be shown here.

Reallusion Certified Director / Reallusion Best Visual Award / Reallusion Certified Content Developer
See all the G-Tools Plug-Ins available for iClone here: G-Tools Plug-Ins

Reading This Topic