Profile Picture

a proper made tutorial for importing customized characters from Blender to CC4?

Posted By Da_Drood 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

a proper made tutorial for importing customized characters from...

Author
Da_Drood
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
I was so excited about this new feature within CC4! Having the possibility to use basically all the features related to CC characters with customized characters as well should be amazing.
Yet, i'm struggling a lot to understand how to proper import characters i create and rig within Blender and then be able to animate/edit body and facial features for animation within IClone 8.
I found few videos on Youtube where they explain how to import customized characters and somehow i also found people importing rigged animations from Mixamo into CC4 and it kinda worked.
I wonder if it's possible to do the same using Auto Rig Pro for Blender and then being able to edit the characters like it's shown in the trailers from Reallusion. I'll try to explain my struggle as best as i can (not native tongue english)
Here's what i did: i needed to create a stylized character for a videogame project so i created a character with CC4 and deformed it enough to look cartoon-ish, then imported it into Blender to add clothes/accessories, but since i had problems reimporting the modified character from Blender into CC4 ( i was hoping with CC4 and Blender to be more something similar with how zbrush interfaces with CC3), i deleted the rigging from CC4 and re-rigged the character using Auto-Rig-Pro addon for Blender. Also i converted it into gameBase to have a lighter model polycount wise. After quite some struggle i managed to import the re-rigged version into CC4 and used the "Characterization" interface to match bones with HumanIK...the final result was a total mess. The animation was really distorted and i wasn't even able to adjust any slider and there was no facial edit at all.
I might have made a mess, but i really struggle to find good tutorials about the whole process, except for the one i found here:https://www.artstation.com/learning/playlists/rOrkK/character-creator in ArtStation, where they used ZBrush and CC3 instead of Blender and CC4. I would expect a bit less complications and much more versatility for this new version. I know it's probably me making a mess within the pipeline process. Please tell me how i can fix this and finally be able to create loads of great characters for my game project.
Is there any really well made tutorial on the internet? Any help will be muchly appreciated.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi...

Please take a look at the tutorial below. This should help with your Blender to CC4 Humanoid pipeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSa6Orz6QO0

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Da_Drood
Da_Drood
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)Veteran Member (505 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Hey, thanks i've seen the notification about that video too since i've subscribed to Reallusion YT channel as well. I watched it today and i think i learn some more stuff that i didn't know before. I still have to try practicing it within my project but it seems like it could work. We need more tutorials like that Reallusion. Smile

Reading This Topic