Profile Picture

Faceware and Live Face

Posted By boxhit 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
boxhit
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)Senior Member (413 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have been using iClone for many years. I use it for my business and now I use the animation features in iClone 8. However, I am completely shutdown because I cannot get Faceware or Live Face to connect to the character. I am in a tough spot and desperate for some help. I have sent tech support the same message and I am waiting for some assistance. Has anyone experienced this issue? I am using Windows 11,, RTX 3090, I9, 64 gigs of ram. BTW, I had it working fine then it just quit. I have no issue connecting my iphone to Live Face, but I cannot get it connected to the character. Same with Faceware, Ihave no issues connecting to iclone and Motion Live, but it will not connect to the character. I have used multiple characters, uninstalled and reinstalled everything, shutdown and restarted numerous times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
First Faceware. I assume you have the Realtime for iClone app working? This is where you calibrate the face recognition.

When you have the LIVE Faceware plugin for iClone installed, you should see two options when you open Motion LIVE: Faceware Live and Facial Realtime.

For me, only the Faceware Realtime option works:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c97edb6d-2049-4998-9ca2-0504.jpg

I've found Faceware finnicky and I've since moved on to LIVE FACE.

There are several ways to connect the iPhone for LIVE FACE. The best way for me (and others) has been with a direct ethernet connection. In my case, the PC is connected to a router port and so is the iPhone. For it to work, I have to turn off wireless on the iPhone to prevent interference.

When you open the LIVE FACE app on the iPhone you should see an IP address. This IP address you need to enter into the Motion LIVE plugin, followed by :999 for the port number:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/47b324a5-5673-4cca-b320-33f2.jpg

One that is filled in and the LIVE FACE option is selected, the connection should be established.

Because I'm connecting PC and iPhone via my router, the first part of the IP address is the same for both (10.1.10) . So that is something for you to check. If you have a regular home LAN, it should start with 192.168.1 or something like that. But the first three blocks (octets) should be the same for both, otherwise they won't see each other.

Others have used wireless of USB connections, but following the advice of Master Mike Kelley, I've found the wired ethernet connection the most reliable.

I hope this helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic