Profile Picture

Custom (Non CC) Character workflow for faces

Posted By crooks.dave 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crooks.dave
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey there. this may seem like a simple question but I have googled extensively and can't find a direct answer. I have a custom character with a body skeleton, and am planning on skinning and rigging the face soon. My questions are:

Does CC4 generate blendshapes for faces for custom characters? That is, characters that did not originate in CC4.

If so does CC4 require a pre-skinned face with bone structure to do this generation? I am assuming so but I cannot find any data on this workflow.

Assuming that is the case, is there any information on how one should properly set up/name/structure a face skeleton to maximize compatibility with CC4's face system. Can someone point me to any information on this workflow? 

I see similar videos for the body, and information on the face system with CC4'S avatar as the base, but not a workflow of custom character and skeleton brought into CC4 for facial animation.

Is this workflow supported or intended, or am I misunderstanding?

Thank you.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 hours ago
May this can helps you

Reading This Topic