Iclone 8 Not Importing Animation Correctly

Posted By Nebula480 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Nebula480
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I made a previous post explaining the situation but I figure it would be best to show you.
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

https://youtu.be/3Cu7ytFRUR0
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It's the retarget in iClone.  In iClone (and this is true even in 7) you need to have the right motion profile and, IIRC, it defaults to Maya.  You need to actually specify the right rig and, again, IIRC (because I don't do this anymore, I directly capture from my PN suit inside of iClone so no need for this step) you can save that profile out of 3DX and somehow put it where it will be available in that dropdown menu (unless under Motion Profile there is a Rokoko one - I don't know because I don't have that rig AND I don't do it this way but just capture directly into iClone).

If that makes sense to you first see if you can find the motion profile which fits and, if you can't, then try and put your own profile in there (you might do a forum search as IIRC this has come up before, even with 7).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Nebula480
Nebula480
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
What you're saying appears to make sense, but after searching the forums, I'm still not certain how to make it work as I can't find other motions profiles. Nor can I find a way to export one from 3DXChange. There has to be a way for this to work.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Here's the post on the forum that explains all of this:

https://forum.reallusion.com/514381/IClone-8-MoCap-import-without-3d-Exchange?Keywords=3dxprofile#bm514389

The bottom line - you put the profile from 3DX into this folder: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 8\Program\Assets\Share\CharaterizeProfiles. 

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
CITPrep
CITPrep
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Im having the same problem- My Rokoko Mocap can not be imported in iclone 8
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That post I quoted will fix it.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic