Profile Picture

importing character into UE5, weird reversed texture

Posted By picktatar 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
picktatar
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)New Member (50 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Trying to get used to the workflow, and everything imports the way its supposed to and things retarget the way they should, however, the textures are trashed. They look like screwed up normals, but i'm not sure.
Any help would be great!
Thanks in advance.
alldayjunk
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have the same issue (weirdly in only 1 one my projects). I tried flipping the normals on the objects and setting the materials to two sided but neither of that worked. For me it happens to the hair. Do the textures and materials come in under the CC material editor or when you look at them are they just normal textures (a material that just has the albedo, normal and roughness hooked up)? In my project they won't come in as CC materials which may be part of the problem as well.
adraube
adraube
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Check the materials on each body part, and set it to opaque, not transparent (as it looks on the screenshot)

Reading This Topic