Motion director - cant adjust speed in a dash

Posted By jeff.davies 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all,
   I'm using motion director with the Dash motion active. When I start the motion, the character starts off at a dash but within 1 second resorts to more of a jog. The speed keys (SHIFT and CTRL) don't seem to have any effect. Furthermore, the speed indication at the top of the viewport seems wonky showing a speed of 2/1. Any tips on what I'm doing wrong? I need my character at a full sprint for at least 3 seconds. Any tims would be much appreciated!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a128d08b-9b7e-4005-b187-75ba.png

- Jeff
The Adventures of Capt Sanchez
Cybernautic Studios
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

OK, I think I have this figured out. The solution is not part of any demo or tutorial I've come across yet, but it is pretty simple to fix. The key is to select your character in the MD Controls window and click the open button to open up the IMD files directly, as shown next:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6abd4998-90ea-42b7-89cc-aea8.jpg
Then select the IMD file(s) you want to have access to:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/91117365-5da9-4b3e-bee8-c477.png
Then it seems to work fine. I was able to have my character run at a full sprint. I'm still having difficulty getting this to work on my second character, but I'm sure this is the right approach overall.

- Jeff
Cybernautic Studios
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nope, still having problems and what seemed to work yesterday is not working today. I started a new project and imported my character, applied the Athletic_Agile_M IMD file and he's still jogging with a speed listed at 2/1 (like the first  image in my original post). ANy idea's what I might be doing wrong?

- Jeff
Cybernautic Studios
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Does anyone have the Dash animation working?

- Jeff
Cybernautic Studios
jeff.davies
jeff.davies
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Just a  public service FYI - I raised a ticket with support on this and they confirmed that it is an issues with the "content" (the IMD I assume) and that they will patch it sometime soon. So if you fire up iClone and it wants to update its content, this may be part of that update!

Thanks Reallusion Support !

- Jeff
Cybernautic Studios
Cary B
Cary B
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Thanks for this information. I had similar problems, and it's good to know that a fix is coming. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/848c8492-ac67-42c2-9d27-461e.jpg

Reading This Topic