Profile Picture

SkinGen Doesn't Work

Posted By alldayjunk 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I have SkinGen installed and the icon shows up but I have no nodes for it. I cannot use it at all No items under Item, Pack or Custom in order for me to add tattoos and what-not. Am I missing something?https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44b247c7-2c63-47c4-bef9-fa98.png
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Check that the pack is correctly installed by looking under Pack > Skin.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a7c10cb-8388-49ad-a9ab-34bf.png

You should see the thumbnail in colour, if not double click on it to download the content. You may need to right click on the thumbnail and select "Uninstall Content" from the menu that opens and then reinstall it.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

alldayjunk
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)Senior Member (254 reputation)

I don;t have that pack to download. It's like I don't own it. Is there something other than this I am missing?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c77ae86b-9a77-4427-b81a-af9f.png
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
As Wires showed, the SkinGen Tool Plugin Pack will be found in your CC4 Content Manager, not the Reallusion Hub.

If you don't have it displayed in Content Manager, try clicking the link below to make sure it has been redeemed correctly.

https://www.reallusion.com/event/freeproduct/default.aspx?cid=292&chk=7417146ea8b2c7a62b2b454c5d99134d

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alldayjunk
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I have redeemed the code and installed it (hence it showing up in my Manager I'm assuming) and the download/install is not in the program under Template/Item, Template/Pack, Purchased Items or New Purchase. Nothing comes up when I do a search for it either. All I have is an empty SkinGen folder.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Your screenshots show you have installed the SkinGen Premium Plug-in itself, but they don't show if the "SkinGen Tool Plug-in Pack" has been installed in your CC4 Content Manager. Look at the screenshot Wires posted showing the location of the SkinGen Tool Plug-in Pack and see if you have that pack listed in the exact same place in your Content Manager.

Do also click "Refresh" in Content Manager (to the right of the Search box) to make sure all packs are displayed.

Important: Do try clicking the redeem link again if you haven't already. The SkinGen Tool Plug-in Pack was added later so you may not have it if you redeemed the SkinGen Plug-in some time ago.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

alldayjunk
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Same location that Wires posted - Only 7 items no SkinGen even after hitting refresh. I also reinstalled the plugin still nothing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/efc53cba-a3b0-418f-9c06-bab2.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ca5e09d4-7606-4253-934c-6cbc.png
alldayjunk
This post has been flagged as an answer
alldayjunk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ok it was something with the InstallRTL file. I wiped and reinstalled that and its in there now. Thank you all for your help.
Edited
2 Years Ago by alldayjunk
revengepirate
revengepirate
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi alldayjunk. I'm having the same problem as you. Could you explain about this install rtl file and how to wipe and reinstall. I would greatly appreciate it. this problem is driving me crazy. thanks so much in advance
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

revengepirate (6/29/2022)
Hi alldayjunk. I'm having the same problem as you. Could you explain about this install rtl file and how to wipe and reinstall. I would greatly appreciate it. this problem is driving me crazy. thanks so much in advance

In CC4 and iClone 8 you don't need to use Install.RLD files. You install all content using Content Manager.

So to clarify, programs (like iClone 8 and CC4) and their Plug-ins are installed using the Reallusion Hub. You then install all the free content and any content packs you have purchased using the Content Manager built into iClone 8 and CC4. You will find all your content packs listed in Content Manager and you just double click the thumbnails to install them.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic