Shitty results when importing Marvelous Designer cloth to CC4

Posted By pki7999 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Shitty results when importing Marvelous Designer cloth to CC4

Author
pki7999
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0e4d9e4c-81e2-43f6-8271-6a2d.png

I made the shirts with Marvelous Designer with A-pose avatar and imported the cloth OBJ to CC4. And transferred the skin weights. But when I apply the pose like T-pose or other poses or motion there are a lot of problem like the images. Especially in the armpit. I think that is not only my case. When I search the Youtube I can find the same issue with other people. The reason I am trying the CC4 is to reduce the time  but when I see this kind of problems I think it would be better to use Maya as usual....LOL..
Is there anyone who can fix this issue? Please don't tell me to use T-pose avatar in Marvelous Designer. No one design the shirts with T-pose avatar...
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
It is beyond me, why this was never fixed. You probably do not even need an AI (maybe just a touch of AI) to figure the correct weights for sleeves.
Specially the one you have shown, which are not loose at all.

It is not hard to fix though, once you get used to it. But at first it might be a little challenging.
Basically you need to open Skin Weights and balance it between UpperarmTwist01, Clavicle and Spine bones.

Otherwise you might want to try to skin weight it from another outfit. There is an option for that.
Just find some similar shirt (like a T-shirt from essential clothing if you have it) and select it to transfer weight from.
You have to select File and then pick right .ccCloth

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
harris.josephd
harris.josephd
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
4u2ges (6/3/2022)
It is beyond me, why this was never fixed. You probably do not even need an AI (maybe just a touch of AI) to figure the correct weights for sleeves.
Specially the one you have shown, which are not loose at all.

It is not hard to fix though, once you get used to it. But at first it might be a little challenging.
Basically you need to open Skin Weights and balance it between UpperarmTwist01, Clavicle and Spine bones.

Otherwise you might want to try to skin weight it from another outfit. There is an option for that.
Just find some similar shirt (like a T-shirt from essential clothing if you have it) and select it to transfer weight from.
You have to select File and then pick right .ccCloth

What he said...  This is exactly right.

pki7999
pki7999
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)Junior Member (211 reputation)

I attached the OBJ file I made in marvelous designer. As you are talking like it is very easy to fix it, can you fix it in CC4 and attach the file? I bet you cannot fix it at all. I can fix it using Zbrush but it is impossible to fix only in CC4 with Skin Weights. Can you show how you can fix it in CC4?
Attachments
pinklong0601.zip (30 views, 663.00 KB)
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
If you still have the MD file, just export it from MD already in a T-pose. Upper body always rigs best in a T-pose. Lower body can be T-pose for a drees, and wider A-pose for pants.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Please don't tell me to use T-pose avatar in Marvelous Designer. No one design the shirts with T-pose avatar...

You can always send an animated FBX avatar to MD, design in A-pose and then simulate A to T and export.

As you are talking like it is very easy to fix it, can you fix it in CC4 and attach the file?

I said it is challenging if you have never done it in CC. I personally dislike weight paint tool in CC and would rather take it to Blender and do it there..
If you can do it
Maya - fine. But other people do not have external apps and have to work with what they have.

But this one I did in CC (and simmed in MD because you did not bother to include skinny avatar you fit with - which should have been a CC avatar to begin with).
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a586c18-287e-4f83-9c05-2da4.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cf779f93-0fb2-464e-b4ab-4ef4.jpg

I bet you cannot fix it at all.

Continue with your bets and you are not going to get much help around here.Whistling

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
pki7999
pki7999
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I am sorry for being rude.
I am a newbie and my skill is not enough.
As you already made the effort to solve this, could you share and teach the process more detailed so beginners like me can follow easily?
How to export the animated avatar, How to fix in MD, How to apply in CC4, etc...
It will be very helpful for beginners and that will be the purpose of this forum.
Thanks!
DM2_UK
DM2_UK
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)Junior Member (175 reputation)

I'm not too clued up on this but I did see a video where a guy was clearing up the imported clothing. Might help:

[YouTube][/YouTube]
Edited
2 Years Ago by DM2_UK
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Link didn't work, but now it does...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
pki7999 (6/4/2022)
I am sorry for being rude.
I am a newbie and my skill is not enough.
As you already made the effort to solve this, could you share and teach the process more detailed so beginners like me can follow easily?
How to export the animated avatar, How to fix in MD, How to apply in CC4, etc...
It will be very helpful for beginners and that will be the purpose of this forum.
Thanks!

Pki7999, you could first show and teach how the process works in Maya, with the full set of exact steps, and then others would more be able to see what exactly you are looking to achieve. This would help many beginners and also bring in users who specifically know what you are trying to achieve in CC4 that was otherwise possible in Maya.

Reading This Topic