Profile Picture

You Can't Edit The IK Curves In The Curve Editor??

Posted By greggoryaddison 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
greggoryaddison
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)Senior Member (476 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So just finding out that the curve editor only lets you edit the FK bone keys and not the IK ones. No matter what I try, I can see the IK curves but cant move them. I'm 100% sure that every other animation software allows for this type of control. WTH. I feel like every time this software amazes me it makes sure to disappoint the s#!t out of me. Its crazy. They made sure not to mention that when promoting the software.
FantasyStanley
FantasyStanley
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)Senior Member (419 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqgsCfC5Ow

in this video, I will show you quick tips how to correct mocap motion with the New Effector data in iClone8.
1. make sure the limb's motion is under the Effector active condition(the circle with cyan color), which means the limb control by effector motion data, check the state by Edit Motion Layer.
2. all the effectors were under the root node, for precise correction purposes, it has better to transfer the root motion back to the hip.
3. select the clip and find the base motion layer in the Animation Layer dialog, then unlock the layer
4. Search the foot effector in the curve editor and start to tweak it

Reading This Topic