Profile Picture

Live Face, iClone 8

Posted By matthewwells3 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
matthewwells3
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)Junior Member (219 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hey all,
I'm a fairly seasoned user of iClone 7/CC3+ and digging the trials of versions 8 and 4. I'm blown away the extended facial profiles especially.

I recently grabbed Live Face for iPhone and really like it. But i do have trouble capturing full range of emotions compared to face puppet and face key. I've tested with extended profile from 8 and exPlus from 7 and sometimes I'm not even getting kind of basic things like sadness or fear even after tweaking the power levels. Does Live Face take advantage of the full range of exPlus or extended facial blendshapes and this is just a user error? 

And hey I'm no Robert De Niro but I'm pretty expressive so don't say its my acting Wink 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
There's lot of adjustments you can (and should) be making when you use Live Face that aren't apparent out of the box.  Things like tailoring it to your own particular face and where the expression strength of each slider (and there are dozens and dozens) should be in max and min.  This is covered in at least one or two tutorials so I would advise you to look closely at those.  Without making those adjustments you can't get the full (and sometimes subtle) impact of what Live Face can do but it's not up to me to teach you (again, do the research and find those tutorials).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
pbooth80
pbooth80
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am able to connect the iphone to iClone. I get a green light in the Motion Live popup. However, when I click the triangle in the Character List, I get no options  - there is no drop down. Nothing. 

I've tried this with CC3 and CC4 models.. i am on the trial version.. iClone 8. Help would be appreciated so I have time to really try this out
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I’m having the same problem and haven’t been able to get any help from Reallusion.
shadybearbklyn
shadybearbklyn
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Has anybody ever figured out why LiveFace is connected, but my characters can’t connect? I’ve had characters work in a project, but then won’t connect in a new project. I even had a character connect, I captured facial mocap, and now it refuses to connect.

Reading This Topic