Profile Picture

Problems with the FBX motion created from DeepMotion not working on IC8

Posted By Cybertiger 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Problems with the FBX motion created from DeepMotion not working on...

Author
Cybertiger
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I have used DEEPMOTION - AI Motion Capture & Body Tracking to create motions for IC7. In fact, Deepmotion has a tutorial DeepMotion: iClone Tutorial | Using Animate 3D AI Motion Captured Animations - YouTube by using 3dxchange. However, the fbx that are created from Deepmotion now seem to create the following errors.
1. No compatible character profile found. Please load another character profile or create a new one in Character Creator 4.
2. Export failed. The following file(s) is not compatible with the current character profile. <name of file>

Here is my settings...
 https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6f1a57e5-c93a-45d3-881f-8158.png
Wondering if anyone has encountered these errors before?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 minutes ago
Hi...

The process to import characters and motions where you don't have a pre-set HIK Profile is to do the following.

1. In CC4 select Create > Create Character from the Menu Bar.
2. Choose the FBX file you wish to import.
3. Select "Creature" as the character type.
4. Once imported "Characterize" the character as shown in the video below.

https://youtu.be/oqZJyGSf1zM

5. Save the HIK Profile.

Now when you next load a character or motion with the same bone mapping, you can select Create > Create Character > Humanoid and then choose the HIK Profile you saved previously. Now the character or motion should be imported in automatically without any characterization required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Cybertiger
Cybertiger
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)Junior Member (195 reputation)

Thank you for your advice. I have followed the instructions and have now been able to import the fbx with a character created from DeepMotion. Now I think I am having problems rigging up the bones. Specifically, I don't know how to rig the bones in the hip and chest. There are more bones in CC4 then the one from DeepMotion. I've included the following pic for reference. As you can see the spine in the CC4 is made up of 8 bones, my fbx figure use only one. Also not sure how to connect the collar bones.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/87d388b1-a4c7-4442-a9ac-7cd8.png

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/83c189d1-4ac0-48e5-b496-0079.png
You can see the left is CC4's Kevin's hips and waist seem abnormal compared the DeepMotion model. Does this have to do with the way I rigged the bones? 
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 minutes ago
Thanks for updating us.

It is very difficult to say exactly what the problem is without seeing the character, but in general check the issues below.

First make sure the T-Pose has been setup correctly. It can often appear right at first glance, but often bones can be rotated incorrectly. So pay particular attention to the hip, torso area. You can go into Characterize, turn off HIK, make adjustments, and then check how it looks with the Calibration options in the Animation Player (under the viewport).

Regarding spine and neck bones, you don't need to assign them all. You only need assign the bones based in your characters bone rig, but always start from the bottom up in the Characterization window.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Cybertiger
Cybertiger
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks Peter. My T pose was the problem and it is now fixed. I really appreciate your prompt feedback.

Reading This Topic