Profile Picture

Why does Hub want to install CC3/IC7 when I have CC4/IC7?

Posted By paul.golds 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Why does Hub want to install CC3/IC7 when I have CC4/IC7?

Author
paul.golds
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Upgraded to CC4/IC8 recently and, as I've recently reinstalled Windows, installed the Hub and started to let it install things.

It handles installing the base applications fine but all of the addons seem to need to have the older versions installed. SkinGen, Headshot, iRay, and Motion LIVE are all insisting on the older version, and displaying as dependents in the Installed list, and Unreal Live Link is actually wanting 3DXChange 7 installed too.

I don't really want to be wasting diskspace on old versions I won't use, and keeping accidentally launching them instead of the newer versions. Is this a problem with the Hub or am I just missing something?
jeffkirkland
This post has been flagged as an answer
jeffkirkland
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Make sure you've redeemed the upgrade offer to get the IC8/CC4 versions of the plugins. They'll be listed separately in the hub to the older versions. I don't think the upgrade happens automatically but it was in an email sent when the new versions were released and should still be available as a link at the top of the My Account page when you log in to the Reallusion site.

Jeff Kirkland | Director • Cinematographer • Storyteller
Hobart • Tasmania • www.one18films.com
SYSTEM: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | 32gb RAM | RTX 3060 12gb | 1tb SSD System | 6tb HDD Storage
Edited
2 Years Ago by jeffkirkland
paul.golds
paul.golds
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks, I'll look into that. Didn't realise plugins needed upgrading like that to be honest.

Reading This Topic