Profile Picture

Essential "Features" still missing

Posted By misuta.nout 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
misuta.nout
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)Senior Member (318 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
No offence, dear Reallusion people, but it there's still essential interface features missing in CC4:

- There's still no Split View. This is also quite baffling... IMHO it is absolutely essential for the artist to have a good look on what fiddling with sliders will do. Often enough, parts of the character get morphed in undesired ways just because one is not constantly orbiting around to double check every single slider move.

- The "Modify" panel is lacking essentail filter options. When I create a male character, i don't want / need to see all the female options. Just give a checkbox for sex, and it's solved. Same goes for the individual "Left / Right" sliders. With thousands of morphs installed, it'll help a ton if one can focus on the core morphs before finishing the character off with individual left / right tweaks ("right mouth corner height" et al.)

- Why give "Headshot" morphs its own category in the modify panel? It is tedious to go back and forth between the usual Head Morphs and the Headshot Morphs. Also, when you live morph some features, one doesn't register which slider in which category gets tweaked. So if one needs to dial back some morphs, once again you're either jumping back and forth through the categories or - worse - you "fix" an overshot morph slider with the slider in that other category. For example Mouth Scale. I don't want / need to sliders in my morph list that are not linked together. In fact, those double entries do nothing but cause confusion and add to a cumbersome experience.

- As far as i can see, the reference overlay option is still the same shameful implementation as it had been. In order to truly create a "realistic digital double" (as you claim), one needs fixed reference overlays for stored views. As of now, one is always fumbling around with the view to align the character with the reference every time one chooses to orbit the camera. How is this not workflow hindering?

- Why, oh why is there no simple character height info? That's such a red flag... From a software dedicated to creating digital doubles, how come i don't see the character's height anywhere? There needs to be an info box, always clearly visible, of the most essential characteristics. Doesn't have to get down to shoe size, but height would be just dandy enough.

That's just from the top of my head.

Thank you very much for considering these improvements for a future update.
Edited
2 Years Ago by misuta.nout
MBusch
MBusch
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)Junior Member (153 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I second all requests above.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I believe it's Ctrl-F, which gives you various information, including character height when the whole character is selected.

There is a separate Headshot category because not everyone has Headshot and its morphs are a separate purchase. The Head category predates that. You can just ignore it of you don't want to use it.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Thank you for the feedback. 

As already mentioned, showing the characters height has been available since CC3. You can choose between feet and centimetres in Preferences (CTRL+P) and toggle on and off using CTRL+F.

Please also do remember to post all suggestions in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant product teams and is the best way to get feature requests considered. In addition, it allows other users to support your request with the most requested suggestions normally getting priority. 

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thank you. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic