Profile Picture

Expression Data in CC4 (with Daz Models)

Posted By StrangeMotions90 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
StrangeMotions90
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I'm having errors with a lot of my Daz imported characters in CC4, saying I need to fill out the expression data but I can't seem to find an explanation on how to do this. Can anyone help me? The problem ranges from each character either having none or just partial facial expressions but pretty much all of them have issues with the tongue. As well as that, it seems that the shader setting isn't always available for all my characters when trying to adjust skin colour.
Does anyone know what's going wrong and how to fix it? 
lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Having issues too, though only when I don't use the Transform tool. 

If I try and bring the FBX in using Create Character, the morph data does not come in with the file. I know the morph data is there because importing the same file in Blender shows the shape keys. 

If you want to set it up manually (similar to what 3Dxchange had us do), you have to go to Facial Profile Editor, enable Edit Expressions and the click Proportion from the buttons on the bottom. You then have to select and set up each morph for every pose position. 
StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)Veteran Member (520 reputation)

Thanks for the reply, I think I may have found a workaround.
lightbearer
lightbearer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)Veteran Member (693 reputation)

Please let me know how it goes, and if you don't mind sharing...

StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

So what I've been doing is bringing my characters into CC3 and making them CC+ models before sending them into CC4. This helped a bit but I am still having issues with errors telling me to fill out the expression data, although it fixed a lot of the expressions I think it's having problems with the eyes, mainly with the pupils.
animatedbeing
animatedbeing
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)Veteran Member (853 reputation)

Reallusion needs to update the DUF files in and mapping information in DAZ files for 3dXchange - iClone_Daz_Genesis_Extension_v4_IC7
I have been experimenting. If I load the DUF file starting at frame 15. I can import the FBX as a frame sequence. CC4 will load the expressions. 

Note: use 1 FPS

But only the first few are correct.

The 7th morph in the duf file is Brow Raise L. But there is no equivalent in the CC4 expression list, the morph gets loaded in the next CC 4 slot - Eye_Blink_L

I'm working on a custom DUF file that matches the CC4 Sliders. Note this is with the CC4 standard profile, the CC4 extended has more sliders and will need its own profile.
StrangeMotions90
StrangeMotions90
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

This wasn't very helpful for me but this is the reply I got from Reallusion on YouTube...

Daz characters can automatically convert to Character Creator 4 and be ready for facial animation. You can also manually convert or apply to other motions. Daz character profiles can be accessed locally:\Program\Assets\ExternalFiles\DazResource\FacialProfile

Reading This Topic