Nature Terrain Editor Plugin Iclone 8

Posted By Genursus 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Genursus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just upgraded to Iclone 8 which is awesome, particularly the new animation tools. I also just purchased the Nature Terrain Editor and plugin. I installed it from Smart Content and it shows up fine. I then installed the plugin and it installs to Iclone 7 which I still had installed. I uninstalled Iclone 7 and tried installing the plugin again. This time the plugin installer can't find Iclone 8 which is installed.

There doesn't seem to be a way to redirect the install or does the plugin need an update?
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Did you re-download the plugin? If it was updated downloading the plugin again will get you the update copy.

You should also be able to copy the plugin folder from the iClone7 OpenPlugin folder to the iClone8 OpenPlugin folder but if the plugin was not updated for iC8 then it won't run.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

I just checked and it looks like it has not been updated yet.
Contact the author and see when he will update it.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Genursus
Genursus
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)Veteran Member (786 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for the response and for checking. I did try the copy and paste and it didn't work. I figured it needed updating. I guess I can still use it with Iclone 7 until it's updated.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
From what I read elsewhere all Python plugins will need to be updated for IC8.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

I installed laboriously almost all important plugins, including Headshot, PopcornFX and Skingen, but I can't seem to make some Python plugins work, like Replica, Hand gestures puppeteering, Smooth camera follow, etc. I guess those Python scripts haven't been updated yet. iClone was such a huge update that we have to work a little more, I guess,  to install it.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Podman1000
Podman1000
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)Veteran Member (900 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Yes....we are all waiting for that update.  In the meantime, the Smart Gallery install will show you all the assets available from the plugin in the prop and materials sections.  From there you can still use all the assets, materials and props. The only thing missing is the actual plugin to shape your 32x32 and 64x64 terrain planes.  
ApplebiteMedia
ApplebiteMedia
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
The python plugin was written separate? 

It says the python plugin is included. It's used in their sales video.  It shows adding and modifying the terrain.  How to you do any of that without that plugin?    I think I paid 75.00 for my copy when it came out but it's up to 199.00 now.   So... people purchasing this now are not getting what they pay for with IC8? "*for IC7 or above". That's a little shady IMO.  They should at the very least put up a disclaimer when purchasing. 

"Thank you for your 199.00.... we'll get back to you when it's properly working for your version of IC".  LMAO!

I just sent a support ticket in for this.  It is unfortunate that this was overlooked or postponed and not fixed before the release of IC8. The plugin was updated to install....   It really shouldn't be that difficult to change the python script unless the functions of the plugin have changed.  Basically just need to change the .exe to install into the new directory structure.  Mine is still installing to IC7 Sad

Graphic Design, PHP Programming, More - Applebite Media
(www.applebitemedia.com)

Edited
2 Years Ago by ApplebiteMedia
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
No developer expected their Python scripts to be incompatible with iClone 8. In this case the ball is clearly in RL's court.

It doesn't seem fair to put the onus on the developer "because it's not that difficult to fix"; well you don't know what's involved. So don't blame them.

Until now there has been absolutely been no statement from RL as to the status of the Python API. 

I'm revising my post based on an FAQ: https://kb.reallusion.com/Product/53033/Are-the-existing-iClone-7-Python-plugins-be-compatible-with-iClone-8.

Apparently developers were notified, so at least the ones that have paid plugins should have updated. But maybe RL should push a bit. Or we can add a bug report.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic