Profile Picture

Some models are missing extended blend shapes

Posted By dan_665768 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dan_665768
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello,

I've created 4 models in CC3 and have successfully imported them into Unity.  I'm now focusing on adjusting the facial expressions and have noticed that one of my models is missing a lot of  blend shapes that the other models have.

3 of the models have approximately 75 basic blend shapes (like Mouth_Open, Mouth_Smaile_L, etc.) and about 63 of what you might call "extended" blend shapes that are numbered A01 to A52 and T01 to T11 (i.e. A25_Mouth_Pucker, etc.).

1 of the models only has the 75 "basic" blend shapes and is missing the extended ones A01-A52 and T01-T11.

Why would the model be missing those extra blend shapes?

1) The model that is missing the blend shapes was created using Head Shot.  Could that be the cause?
2) Is there a setting within CC3 that I need to set?
3) Is there a checkbox in the CC3 export settings that I'm missing?
4) Is there a unity setting in the Unity import process?

Any help you can provide will be appreciated!
Dan
paul.vanderlaan
paul.vanderlaan
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I believe what you are looking for are the facial profiles. You can add them to your character which alters the available blend shapes. Can't help you in detail unfortunately but I hope this helps.

Reading This Topic