Timeline Upgrade-Markers for notes etc.

Posted By jollyro 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jollyro
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I would appreciate a funktion, that allows you to set markers on the timeline, that you can use for notes for your own workflow or style, that do nothing to the animation it self, just contain your own notes about this particular Frame in the timeline, so that you can later find them and can complete, alter or start a Conversation on this marker point. Just an Idea for future updates. Colors could also help, to have the markers more versatile. Something,.Im thought about while working intense with the timeline. Now I note the frame and notes on a piece of paper, might be easier if it is part of the timeline. (Adobe Premiere has it that way...) 
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
FYI: One of the features of the TaskNotes plugin (available HERE in the Marketplace) is that you can create a note and attach it to the timeline as well as create and attach notes to Actors and Props.
Unfortunately it does not have a marker on the timeline but you can jump to the timeline position for each note easily.
You can also have only notes show within a configurable range of the current time as you scrub the timeline.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

gamerickster
gamerickster
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)Junior Member (183 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Can I set markers with a short key on the timeline, for example, I have music playing and I want to place a marker on each beat? Can it do that? 

Thanks
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
TaskNotes does not place any markers on the timeline, you create notes associated with a position on the timeline.
Using the timeline notes you can jump to the position on the timeline associated with that note.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic