Profile Picture

Question about iClone Facial Mocap

Posted By nick.davison 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
nick.davison
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)Junior Member (200 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I am considering buying iClone for Facial Mocap.

My current understanding is that these programs are the basic requirements for supporting Facial MoCap on iClone:
• iClone 7 IClone 7
• Motion LIVE Plugin for iClone
• A Profile plugin for Motion LIVE

Am I correct in assuming that because I want to use a webcam for facial MoCap rather than an iPhone, I would need to buy
the Facewear Profile for Motion LIVE Plugin, which costs RRP $1590, Presale Price $990?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
Yep, that's about it.

(Note that you don't need an iPhone with service, so you can get by with some used iPhone costing only around $500).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Kelleytoons (4/24/2022)
Yep, that's about it.

(Note that you don't need an iPhone with service, so you can get by with some used iPhone costing only around $500).

I bought an unlocked refurbished iPhone XR directly from Apple, which is indeed around $500. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
I've been evaluating the Faceware front end this week. It works, after a bit of fine tuning. It's not much more advanced than CrazyTalk c2005, but if you've got plenty of money, it's one way to be rid of that iPhone.
IMO, iClone ought to offer more than *one* webcam option, $1K is a bit rich for me.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."
sungod
sungod
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
White Sands (4/25/2022)
I've been evaluating the Faceware front end this week. It works, after a bit of fine tuning. It's not much more advanced than CrazyTalk c2005, but if you've got plenty of money, it's one way to be rid of that iPhone.
IMO, iClone ought to offer more than *one* webcam option, $1K is a bit rich for me.

That price is a third-party pricing.

animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 minutes ago
White Sands (4/25/2022)

I started with FaceWare and one problem is the convoluted way to get a license from them. In addition, the license is only good for one system. But it is not bad. I don't understand the CrazyTalk reference as that is not facial mocap.

I am by no means an Apple fan, but I'm also not on a mission; that's why I did go for the Live Face option and purchased a refurbished unlocked XR. The total cost is less, you have a better facial mocap system, and you have a useable phone.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
2 Years Ago by animagic
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

animagic (4/26/2022)
White Sands (4/25/2022)

I started with FaceWare and one problem is the convoluted way to get a license from them. In addition, the license is only good for one system. But it is not bad. I don't understand the CrazyTalk reference as that is not facial mocap.

I am by no means an Apple fan, but I'm also not on a mission; that's why I did go for the Live Face option and purchased a refurbished unlocked XR. The total cost is less, you have a better facial mocap system, and you have a useable phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, you're right. It's lipsync, not mocap. Like Acculips. I was fascinated with it. Still am.

R Ham
R Ham
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sungod (4/26/2022)
White Sands (4/25/2022)

That price is a third-party pricing.

I'm seeing $900+ on this site. I rounded.

linus10111
linus10111
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
nick.davison (4/24/2022)
I am considering buying iClone for Facial Mocap.

My current understanding is that these programs are the basic requirements for supporting Facial MoCap on iClone:
• iClone 7 IClone 7
• Motion LIVE Plugin for iClone
• A Profile plugin for Motion LIVE

Am I correct in assuming that because I want to use a webcam for facial MoCap rather than an iPhone, I would need to buy
the Facewear Profile for Motion LIVE Plugin, which costs RRP $1590, Presale Price $990?

Yes, this is correct.

I was unfortunate to have spent a large amount of money on purchasing both liveface and faceware realtime. Faceware (webcam version) failed to give me the mocap quality I needed, so i purchased liveface (iPhone version) and the difference was quite noticeable even before making any adjustments.
IMO skip buying the webcam profile and rather go for the iPhone version. They both cost more or less the same, but live face has a few more features you can fiddle with to enhance mocap quality. Also, I think liveface's mocap quality is largely due to the fact that iPhones X and newer, have depth perception (which is good for reading your face). At the time i purchased Faceware, good quality webcams with depth perception were unavailable.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System: Win 11_Home, CPU i9-10850k (3.60GHz), 32GB RAM, RTX3080 GPU (10GB VRAM), 2TB SSD, 2TB HDD. It's definitely time for an upgrade!

Edited
2 Years Ago by linus10111
linus10111
linus10111
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
animagic (4/26/2022)

I started with FaceWare and one problem is the convoluted way to get a license from them. In addition, the license is only good for one system.

This in itself makes it bad. Took me almost a week to get it to work, and that was after a lot of headache with back and forth messages with support, and reinstallations of  'wibu-keys' or whatever that security software is called Crying 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System: Win 11_Home, CPU i9-10850k (3.60GHz), 32GB RAM, RTX3080 GPU (10GB VRAM), 2TB SSD, 2TB HDD. It's definitely time for an upgrade!

Reading This Topic