Profile Picture

Human to Toon Character

Posted By lyc0731 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lyc0731
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am completely new to cc3. I saw a video yesterday, the demonstrator demonstrates how to customize a cartoon character by adjusting a lot of toolbars and one of it is to turn the character from human-alike into cartoon character alike.
I think I need to download something to do that? Can't find the video back... Anyone knows? Either how to do or wheres the video...
Thank you a lot in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Where did you watch the video? Was it on YouTube, Reallusion TV or somewhere else? Also was it an official Reallusion tutorial or a user made tutorial?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

lyc0731
lyc0731
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)New Member (71 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Youtube, probably made by others (not sure)... he/she was toggling between human-like character and cartoon character, when toggling towards toon, the head and eyes get super big, and the skin gets smooth... everything just transit smoothly 
I'm thinking can I do the same thing, or turn a somehow realistic character into a cartoon one while retaining the original characteristics!
Eric C (RL)
Eric C (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
lyc0731 (4/20/2022)
Youtube, probably made by others (not sure)... he/she was toggling between human-like character and cartoon character, when toggling towards toon, the head and eyes get super big, and the skin gets smooth... everything just transit smoothly 
I'm thinking can I do the same thing, or turn a somehow realistic character into a cartoon one while retaining the original characteristics!

Hi,
If the tutorial that you saw was our official tutorial, you can use our search bar and type in the keywords to find it!
https://courses.reallusion.com/ 
Hope that helps!
Roundtree
Roundtree
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You may be referring to the "Toon Shaders."   
I just thought of something though...  Would be nice to be able to covert to pseudo-toon character, using the toon shader, then bake them in that form, to be used elsewhere, without having to invoke the toon shader globally. Only the character will have been converted, and could be saved that way independently. 
I know that it is a bit much but..."if it can be conceived..."   Well, you know rest of the saying.
Just saying...  HeheLaugh

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/13d7d87b-bced-417c-8df2-ddc3.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/288d7959-4d49-4b4a-92a7-a5e0.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2438f7cb-2d51-460e-8478-010e.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/abaf8e1c-53d6-4815-81a8-ca77.png
Edited
2 Years Ago by Roundtree
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Was it by any chance this one?

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic