Profile Picture

problems with headshot crashing out

Posted By cgover 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cgover
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)New Member (34 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
we just started using the headshot plugin at school - we get the pictures ok and it loads into the programme but it gets to about 18-20% and the whole thing crashes out and it comes right out of the programme
we thought it was the lappy but then tried it on a desktop - same thing
the prog is up to date and plug in seems ok
the kids are gutted as we cant go any further.......

any suggestions and help greatly appreciated

Colin and class
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Could you provide a sample picture, so people here can check it?

I have had cases where a downloaded image had the wrong extension. I don't remember exactly, but it was like the image had a PNG extension but it should have been JPG.

What you could try is to load the image in a graphics editor and then resave it, so you know that format and extension match. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Roundtree
Roundtree
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
The Headshot program is not limited to JPG files. It will load "JPEG, PNG, Tiff, and BMP" files as well.
I'm not sure what's happening with crashes that their having.  But being that is happening on both of their computers it may be related to the photo content or even the size. 
Sometimes the program may get a bit confused as to what to actually do with file.
Try to load this photo in Headhsot. It is right out of the Headshot User Manual.  I just loaded it and it works fine. So, we know that it is good.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/73ced17a-f18a-44d0-be5a-0984.jpg
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 15 hours ago
Roundtree (4/11/2022)
The Headshot program is not limited to JPG files. It will load "JPEG, PNG, Tiff, and BMP" files as well.

That was not my point, which was that sometimes image files are provided with the wrong extension, which will cause a crash. In the particular case I encountered, they were from a website for AI-generated images.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Reading This Topic