Profile Picture

where are th python libraries so i can use intellisense?

Posted By frank_461853 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

where are th python libraries so i can use intellisense?

Author
frank_461853
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
hello all. I play with the python for iclone quite a bit but the editor i uses (pycharm communuty edition) does not show intellisense on iclone python. i assume that's because it doesn't know where the libaries are. i've tried looking and am unable to find the. i find the python binadies for iclone but the labraries don't appear to be there. 
the obvious ones are RLPy and Pyside2.shoboken2. where re they? thank you for ny information.

Edited
2 Years Ago by frank_461853
frank_461853
frank_461853
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)Senior Member (395 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ir anyone's interested, i found the answer myself.
I included the following in a script
print ( RLPy.__file__)
print ( PySide2.__file__)

which told me where the libaries were
Edited
2 Years Ago by frank_461853
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
So you can reference those? I have wanted to use an object browser for 2 years, to tell me all the properties available.

What Python editor do you use? I use Visual Studio 2022, can you reference those libraries in your project?

Thanks

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I just look in the RLPy.py file in the Bin64 directory which contains the iClone interface routines and shows what the parameters are but not the parameter descriptions themselves.  All the constants are also define there.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic