Profile Picture

Feature request/Bug fix

Posted By LynnSpyre 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LynnSpyre
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)New Member (99 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hey guys,
There's an unhandled float error when I'm rezing high poly clothing in CC3. I don't have access to the source code, but sometimes it's giving me a c++ memory runtime error, and sometimes it isn't.

Here's the behavior
1. I stupidly put some high poly clothing on a character without checking it. Usually, because I've found something cute at art station that I can't wait to get my hands on.
2. I mess with it, and try to get it to fit as closely as possible.
3. I hit skin weights, and everything assigns properly.
4. Then I hit conform to make sure it conforms

And... boom! Insta crash.
I think it's happening in the part where it's estimating the poly count, early in the process, which makes sense, because it really shouldn't do any work without knowing the scope.

My proposal:
Do a check before running the estimator, to see if the float is going to overflow. This is pretty straightforward in c++.
If the pre-check returns an error state, just have cc3 come back with a message like, "This mesh is too dense, please run InstaLOD, before trying to make it conform." Or something along those lines.

It would stop the program from crashing, and allow me to save my work before continuing, rather than having to depend on a restore file, which may or may not be up to date, or not scary, when I open it up again.

Thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

If you think you have found a bug, please can you report it in the Feedback Tracker. The tracker is monitored directly by the relevant product teams so this is the quickest way to get issues looked at. You may then get feedback from the product team whenever applicable.

To use the Feedback Tracker, please click the link below.

Thanks. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic