Profile Picture

Bone tool mouse pointer depends on window focus; shift key doesn't work

Posted By Fingermouse 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Bone tool mouse pointer depends on window focus; shift key doesn't...

Author
Fingermouse
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm using an Intel Mac with CA4 4.51.3511.1 and multiple monitors, and have been trying to follow through the tutorial videos with limited success.

One problem that's really bugging me is that when you're using the bone editor, it pops up another window with the tools in it. That's fine but when you select a tool, the mouse pointer is supposed to change to indicate your options depending on what you're hovering over. Because you've just clicked on a button in the tool window, the main window doesn't have focus and the mouse pointer never changes. The only way to initiate the correct pointer behaviour seems to be to click on the title bar of the main window in order to give it focus. At this point the pointer starts behaving as expected.

Having said that, there are still significant differences from what's shown in the tutorials. It looks like the bones that you're about to affect are supposed to light up green as you hover over them; I have never seen this behaviour at all so it's complete guesswork as to whether or not you're clicking on the right thing.

The tutorials also repeatedly use holding down the shift key to move a single bone and not all the connected bones. At least in my case, shift does nothing. From the manual, it says to hold down the 'E' key (which does work). Do the tutorials need updating or is the shift key still supposed to do something?
Edited
2 Years Ago by Fingermouse

Reading This Topic