Profile Picture

Iamge Matching tool extremly slow settings

Posted By SakoIco 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SakoIco
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)Senior Member (392 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Hi!
I am using the newest CC4 and headshot versions and have a 4K JPG image and have let the PRO Variant built a character. When I now activate the Image Matching feature it takes about 2,5sec to appear. And when I then try to change the opacity of the reference image I can not just drag and slide around with the slider because it´s extremly lagging. it takes about 1 sec to change the viewport after I changed the opacity. Watching the tutorials they are really sliding it in realtime and turning the tool on and of is working just instantly. I did not do any Color or contrast changes. Changing the lens works like a charm...

My machine is rather fit:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor               3.40 GHz
RAM 64,0 GB
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB VRAM
5K Monitor
Disk: force mp600 nvme pcie m.2 2tb

Task Manager says everything is on minimal usage.

So what is holding the process back from acting smoothly?

Thanks!

Sascha
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hi Sascha

Looking at your specs the graphic card is the weak point being a few generations old and not quite top of that range. However, the slowdown and lag does seem a bit much even with an older graphic card like the GTX 1070. Also very importantly do you have other applications open at the same time as running CC3. If you do, try closing them down to see if it improves performance.

Now when you have Character Creator running, try opening your Task Manager (right click the task bar) and check the Performance tab. Do you see any unusual activity like heavy CPU or GPU usage? As a guide on an RTX 2080 laptop I only see about 10% CPU and GPU usage with the Image Mapping Tool activated and no lag. Do also check if you have a lot of disk activity going on as this can cause issues.

One other thing to check is the Startup tab in Task Manager. Do you have a lot of applications running at launch that have an High impact on performance? If you do and they are not vital, try disabling them and see if that improves performance.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic