Profile Picture

CC3 crashes when importing from ZBrush

Posted By bloodylemming 2 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
bloodylemming
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)New Member (89 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I use ZBrush to create the characters clothing and such, using GoZ to send the items to CC3, so I can start posing the character. As I add items to the character, there seems to be a point where CC3 just starts crashing. I can't seem to identify individual items causing the problem, it seems to be the number of items. Is there a hard limit to the number of items you can have on a character in CC3, maybe related to the layers, a memory limit, or might something else be the issue? 

Thank you kindly
landquest
landquest
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)Junior Member (108 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I didn't experience this exact situation so disclaimer I don't have a solution for you, but just replying to add that I was also curious how the GoZ workflow even works.  I do wish CC3+ would allow for a smoother transition/workflow from CC3 to other 3D programs and back again.  I heard that so long as the UV maps and number of vertices don't change, you should be able to reimport it.  But the way GoZ works they require you to basically have both programs on your computer.  What if you want to farm out the sculpting to a freelancer/third party? You can't just easily send them a file and hope to reimport it back. 

I think Reallusion is trying to accomodate users by opening the workflows to collborate in other software, yet they also gatekeep like crazy by assuming we all are experts in Z-brush (or at least know how to use the program and therefore own it). 

Kind of annoying bc it doesn't reflect how much of the 3D community works.  We aren't all multi-capable polymaths when it comes to 3D.  It's like assuming a graphic designer is also great at illustrating and photo retouching, and then locking programs so that he can't collaborate with outside illustrators (aside from them sitting on his computer to do their part of the job). 

Hoping that Omniverse sort of blows things up for these gatekeepers and evens the playing field bc right now collaborating in CC3 or any Reallusion program is really difficult.

Anyway, hope your crash issue is somehow magically fixed with CC4, should you choose to blow the cash on an upgrade!
Edited
2 Years Ago by landquest

Reading This Topic