Newbie Animation combination misunderstanding

Posted By MaxxPowr 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MaxxPowr
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
Hi again,
I'm animating a little fairy doll. She has wings that flap when I put them on her. Great!
When I add a "flying animation" such as fly_down, fly_down_end etc. The wings stop flapping.
I can see, the initial flapping animation, but it ends when the Fly_forward starts.
Is there a way to combine them? 
I probably could just use transform to fly her up, left right and down etc., but some of the motions are pretty good and I'd like to keep them.

Is there a way to make multiple motion layers?

Thanks!

Maxx Powr
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Is this the "Wing" Accessory that comes with iClone?

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

MaxxPowr
MaxxPowr
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

No, it's a wing package called "Shining Wing"
The animation (I think) is part of iclone for the flapping. It works, as long as it's the only animation.

Thanks!
Maxx Powr
MaxxPowr
MaxxPowr
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I figured a way around it:

Apparently the wings only work when attached to an Avatar, not a prop.
So I parented an avatar to my fairy, same position etc. attached the wings to the avatar, and that worked.
I then hid the fairy's wings since I'll be using the Avatar's wing animation, which is great because I can keep all the fairy animation, and turn the avatar wings on or off as needed.
Probably the wrong way of doing it,  as I don't know what I'm doing, but it works. 
Remember to hide the avatar, make invisible. When you do that, the wings will disappear too, but you can just click them on again in Scene Manager.

Woohoo!

Maxx Powr
Edited
2 Years Ago by MaxxPowr
mark
mark
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Bravo! Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

You can actually extract flapping motion, save it as Motion+ and apply separately to wings whenever you need it (even if wings are not attached to avatar).
I am not sure about "Shining Wings", but looks like they have the same principal as default IC6 wings.

While Wings are attached to any avatar, apply some flying motion (or use Move command from menu).
Next, Detach Wings from Avatar, bring Wings to the timeline, enable Animation track, right mouse click on that track and click Split.
That would separate Wings flapping motion from the avatar motion.
Find the initial Wings pose frame which is closest to the end of the track. Break the clip at that frame and delete right portion of it.
Now that you have perfectly matching flapping motion, you can extend it as many times as you'd like and save the clip.
Wings could be attached to anything now (props, non-human, animals, etc) and have an independent flapping motion applied.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges
MaxxPowr
MaxxPowr
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I knew there had to be a right way to do it. This will come in handy.
Is it making it a Motion+ file that makes it able to "co-exist" with another applied motion?
I will try this. Thanks again.

Maxx Powr
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Is it making it a Motion+ file that makes it able to "co-exist" with another applied motion?

Not quite. Split does the job. It effectively separates flapping Wings motion from motion which is applied to Avatar.

Reading This Topic