Profile Picture

Layer Visibility

Posted By aneta.atsova 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
aneta.atsova
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, there. I'm relatively new to Cartoon Animator, so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkomW68P380
Around 30:00 he makes some layers invisible, leaving out just the eyes, eyebrows, and mouth. That's exactly what I need to do as well for my character. But when I go on and make the layers invisible and go back to stage mode, everything pops up again. FYI I'm using my own .png file for the body, which I rigged as described earlier in the above tutorial, then I apply a _G3 360 head (tried it with 360_Martha and 360_Red to the same result). Has someone else experienced the same issue and what's the solution to that? I'm using Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline version, actually bought it just a week ago, and my operational system is macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6. What I need to do is basically what he does in the tutorial: apply a talking mouth and eyes to an image. It will be extremely helpful if you, guys, have any suggestions how to do that. Thanks a lot in advance!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for letting us know about this issue. I have asked our CTA team to check if this is a bug or just a change in workflow. I will update again as soon as I know more. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
UPDATE:

This does appear a bug unfortunately.

For now you can workaround the problem by using the Mask Editor from the left side panel to mask out the parts you don't want visible. So for example, if you choose the Face Layer in Composer mode you can then click the Mask Editor button and mask out the face so it becomes invisible in Stage mode. Then repeat for the other parts you do not want to display.

For more help using the Mask Editor, please see the Tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/svBiz8wycpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jlegeman
jlegeman
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I also struggled with this for many hours. I am on a PC. Here is another way that works for me. You should be in composer mode. Click the bone you want to add the head to. Once the head is on, click on the sprite editor and choose face. Select the icon that deletes your face sprite. You will probably see no face parts. Now go to the layer manager and click on right eye, for example, and move that layer to the very top, above the talking head layer. Do the same for all parts you want visible. When you go back to stage mode, your character should be as you had it in composer mode. Hope this helps.

Reading This Topic