Profile Picture

Install Character Creator 3 to separate drive

Posted By -Wil- 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
-Wil-
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Been trying to install Character Creator 3 but I don't actually have enough space on my C drive (it only has 128GB of storage). My D drive has a whole terabyte free but I can't see how to change the install directory?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

When you install any product using the Reallusion Hub you will be prompted where you want to install the program files and your content files. You can then select the D: drive if you wish.

If you are not seeing the install options, please open the Hub Settings (top right of the Hub window) and make sure "Use the default install path when installing" is unchecked as shown below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/16edadbb-0b9a-4151-a507-fc2d.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

-Wil-
-Wil-
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)New Member (47 reputation)

I checked my settings to make sure the box was unchecked and tried again but got his message. I then tried matching my settings exactly to yours but still got no options appear to change the directory or anything else, just this message as soon as I click install.
animagic
animagic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Maybe you should change your installer location as well, as that is on the C: drive by default. Click the Installer Location link shown in Peter's screenshot to specify.

With so little space on your C: drive you should also consider changing the location of the Temp directory. You can change that from within the program under Preference.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

-Wil-
-Wil-
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Sorry, how do I do that? I clicked the "Installer Location" and it showed me where that is currently but I don't know how to change it.
-Wil-
-Wil-
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Never mind, I've solved it now. I moved a bunch of files from my C drive to my D drive temporarily (as I hadn't changed any of their directories or anything) so that I had the space required. It then asked me where I wanted to install so I selected my D drive and then moved everything else back to my C drive. Thanks for the help though Smile
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
This indicates that the C disk is already full and you are likely to have problems with this or other programs in the future.
I suggest you run the priority disk cleanup tool and move some of your quick access folders to a different drive to free up space on the C Drive.

Open the Windows disk cleanup tool, click the clean up system files button on the window before running it and tick all the unnecessary spaces. This will free up space on your computer.
You can also move some Windows folders like my documents, my pictures, appdata to a different drive.
For this, I have prepared a short video below.

Note that if you choose an HDD instead of SSD as the storage location while rendering with iClone, it will render 2 times slower.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Reading This Topic