Profile Picture

Remove item(s)/Pack from Smart Gallery / Inventory List ?

Posted By CyberFybrous 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Remove item(s)/Pack from Smart Gallery / Inventory List ?

Author
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I mistakenly downloaded a pack which required certain base items which I likely may never get.
I uninstalled the pack but it still appears with Recent Downloads of my Smart Gallery. 
Sure I can mark it as invisible but what about keeping it from showing at all?
I also see it in my online Inventory List at the Market Place. 
But don't see any options there either to remove it.
Suggestions anyone?
Thanks in advance. 
wires
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Aside from uninstalling and tagging the items as invisible in the Smart Gallery there is nothing else that you can do. There are no known ways to remove downloaded assets from your inventory list. These are just facts that you will have to live with. It's always best to check product descriptions carefully before purchasing or downloading anything as it is always mentioned in the description if additional items need to be purchased, or already owned before use.

Blindly downloading items without reading the posted information will lead to the situation that you now have.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

Regardless, maybe RA should post warnings for noobs like myself. 
Since I imagine it to be a universal expectation to not have to deal with such a failing. 
yepkoo
This post has been flagged as an answer
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
If the assets you downloaded are Trial versions, you can delete them from the list below, otherwise, as wires said, there seems to be no solution for this right now.

https://marketplace.reallusion.com/trial-download-list

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yepkoo (2/18/2022)
If the assets you downloaded are Trial versions, you can delete them from the list below, otherwise, as wires said, there seems to be no solution for this right now.
https://marketplace.reallusion.com/trial-download-list

Hey there Yepkoo and thanks again. :-)

Thankfully only got one item in there. But it's annoying to me. That's all. 
Hopefully this'll be fixed with CC4

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Although I don't like the fact that I can't delete some products, none of the sites with the library feature have the asset deletion feature. (Even if there is, I haven't come across it yet.)
Especially there are iContent products that I added when I was a beginner and products that are too old to really work, and I'm trying to solve my problem by hiding them.
For example, there are too many unnecessary products in my Unreal library and they will live with me for life, moreover, there is no feature to hide unnecessary assets here Smile
Therefore, now I need to make sure that I will definitely use a product before adding it to my library.

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

yepkoo (2/18/2022)
Although I don't like the fact that I can't delete some products, none of the sites with the library feature have the asset deletion feature. (Even if there is, I haven't come across it yet.)
For example, there are too many unnecessary products in my Unreal library and they will live with me for life, moreover, there is no feature to hide unnecessary assets here Smile

Aaaah, I stand corrected. I see that I in fact can't remove items from my Unreal library. Epic Presumptive faux pas on my end. (Pun intended)
Only got a couple dozen items in there. Will keep that in mind going forward. Thx.

yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Actually, the matter is very simple.
All items in the library are tied to an invoice, even for free.
In other words, your invoice must be canceled in order to delete the product.
If they give the user this permission, you may have to re-buy a valuable asset that you accidentally deleted, and the forum site may be filled with people who accidentally delete their products rather than those who accidentally add them Smile

CyberFybrous
CyberFybrous
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

LOL, then it'd be one hell or the other. 

Reading This Topic