PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted By Sp3c1alk 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Sp3c1alk
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I have been getting this error message every time I try to upload a product! I cannot upload anything new and regardless how I manage the product I get the same message every time! How do I fix this?!!!https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/18b1f69d-f8f1-4a19-8841-8337.jpg
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
If your file names are not using any of the invalid characters listed then the only other reason would be that the file extension is not allowed.
Typically most of the RL formats (i.e. *.iMotion) are allowed but not all.
Files like ZIP, PDF, PNG, BMP, JPG, are also not allowed.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You have to make sure all characters in your item name are ASCII.
Some letters might look the same as ASCII but they are not.
If you use some regional settings and keyboard other than English, you might have accidentally inserted one of those look a like characters.

For instance those 2 words look the same, but if you copy and paste them as a file name, the second would raise the same error while first one would not.
gold
gоld

Hint, the "o" is different in those 2 words.
Use this site to identify Unicode characters https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~markm/ascii.html and then substitute them with ASCII.
... or just retype file names.

Edited
2 Years Ago by 4u2ges

Reading This Topic