Profile Picture

Character's sprites get cutt off when I import them into a rig.

Posted By Evan_A 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Character's sprites get cutt off when I import them into a rig.

Author
Problem.png
Evan_A
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello there! I've been having this issue whenever I try to import a sprite onto a characters rig, a chunk of it will be cut off.

the original sprite                                            The same sprite imported into a rig

This happens regardless of what bone you attach the image to. Why is this happening? Is there a way to fix this without having to alter the sprite?

Edited
2 Years Ago by Evan_A
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (122.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Try selecting the right foot and then select "Mask Editor" from the left side toolbar to check that the full sprite is visible and not masked off in any way. If it is being masked off in that area you can remove the masking in the Mask Editor. Do also try clicking Preview and then move the right leg like below to make sure that part of the foot is not being obscured in some way.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd490b19-f79d-4976-86c2-4286.jpg

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Evan_A
Evan_A
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)New Member (70 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello! I opened the sprite in the mask editor and I get the same thing. It doesn't look like its masking it out and I can't edit the mask on the outside of the shoe sprite.

this seems to happen on import

Peter (RL) (2/15/2022)
Hi...

Try selecting the right foot and then select "Mask Editor" from the left side toolbar to check that the full sprite is visible and not masked off in any way. If it is being masked off in that area you can remove the masking in the Mask Editor. Do also try clicking Preview and then move the right leg like below to make sure that part of the foot is not being obscured in some way.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fd490b19-f79d-4976-86c2-4286.jpg

Reading This Topic