Character Creator Won't Launch

Posted By cepheistudios 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 days ago
This is REALLY weird. I've been using CC3 for almost a year and never had an issue with it launching, then a few days ago I noticed this:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/016d17e8-5cf8-4ee1-979d-cae5.jpg
And then I went to open it and it wouldn't open!!! That shortcut points to: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\Character Creator 3\Bin64
When I went to that file location I realized I don't KNOW which file is supposed to open CC3 but somehow a file must be missing or corrupted. Does anyone know what file that is? I was looking for an .exe file but I didn't see one. I have reached out Reallusion technical support, but sometimes the forum is faster.
michaelrbarton
michaelrbarton
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Can you open CC3 through the HUB? Did you go to PC/ C Drive/ Program Files/ Reallusion/ Character Creator 3/ BIN64/ Character Creator.exe,
Do you know if the Character Creator 3 .exe is corrupted at the source? You can access CC3 from the Start Menu. 
cepheistudios
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)Veteran Member (970 reputation)

No, I can't open from the Reallusion hub either. I click on the button and nothing happens.
cepheistudios
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I also cannot open it from the Start Menu - although the icon still shows up. I click on it and nothing happens. If there was an exe. file it's now gone. I don't see it which is WEIRD. I've never been in that folder and I run Malwarebytes and Norton. I have no idea how the file could've been corrupted. But Nvidia updated their drivers recently. And I didn't open it AFTER the update. I wonder if that might have something do with it, but that would be even stranger. I guess Reallusion will have to give me a downloadable version of whatever file is missing. I'm asssuming there WAS an exe. file in the Bin 64 folder - it just makes me nervous that the file is just gone.
yepkoo
This post has been flagged as an answer
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't think this issue will be related to the NVDIA driver.

The deletion of an exe file is (usually) caused by viruses or trojans.
The second possibility is that a failure in that partition of your disk (low probability) may cause your exe file to be deleted.
The third possibility (moderate probability) is that there is a problem with your regedit settings due to a mess in your operating system.
Sudden computer shutdown can also cause some files to be lost. For example, a power outage.
Another possibility is;
You may have manually deleted the exe file from your computer without realizing it. People can do really weird things without realizing it BigGrin
For example, if there is a child at home who has access to a computer, this is a very common situation.

The only way to fix this is to uninstall and reinstall the program.
I can also suggest you to scan your computer with 2 different virus programs.
Check if there is a problem with your system by doing sfc / scannow from CMD.
You can use system restore, this might help clear up recent messes.

If you are insecure and suspect that you have other lost exe files, I suggest a clean install for your operating system.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo
wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Before doing anything else. Right click on the shortcut icon and select "Properties", when the properties window opens click on "Open File Location" and this should launch Windows Explorer with the .exe file highlighted. If that doesn't work then your only option is to try and uninstall the software and reinstall it. Just replacing an .exe file with a copy won't work because there may be other files or registry entries missing or corrupt. To make sure that you can do a clean fresh install it would be best to clean the registry using CCleaner or similar, the free version should be enough forthe job - but use it at your own risk. I use it almost daily and have never had any issues, but if you don't feel confident then get a friend who knows his/her stuff to do it.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

cepheistudios
cepheistudios
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

This is the answer. I was brushing my teeth last night when I realized my computer has recently run Check disk on startup (twice). It must've found the corrupted file and removed it. And it probably WAS corrupted and, as Wires was saying, it may not be the only corrupted file. I'd been trying to export an fbx file to Unreal Engine and it kept getting stuck at 71%. So there might be other issues  I will uninstall it, clean the registry, and reinstall it. That should solve the problem.
yepkoo
yepkoo
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Is your disk HDD?
You can try defrag for this.
If you can't find out what corrupted your file, you risk losing a very important file or project in the future.

Type and run chkdsk with CMD. (Run as administrator)
This will find and repair any problems on your disk.

To run Check Disk in read-only mode, type chkdsk at the command prompt and press <Enter>.
If you only want to repair errors without performing a scan to detect bad sectors on the disk, type chkdsk volume:/f at the command prompt and press <Enter>.
To repair errors, bad sectors, and readable information, type chkdsk volume:/r at the command prompt and press <Enter>.

Maybe windows may have fixed that part in the disk scan.
When you say fix, if there is a physical problem on your disk, it marks the damaged part and ignores it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/yepkoo
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/profile/bxvo/Yepkoo#learning

Edited
2 Years Ago by yepkoo

Reading This Topic